Sonic Electronix

does anyone have a capacitor in their car just because it looks legit?

Yeah we stuck an old-school Tsunami 20F in the side of this full-on boot install I'm working on. It fits the theme and it has flashy blue lights. Everyone likes flashy blue lights. Plus being 20F I like to think it almost does something useful.

It's a form AND function setup... 2 DD3512 subs/port forward sealed off on 2.5kw with some major money sunk into the fronts and processing, plus $$$ spent deadening.

If your car sounds great and you have a cap, who am I to criticise it?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i had one in my car and then i took it out and my alt died so i could put it back in just for the volt meter so i can see where i am lol probably not probably sale it for a another bat

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

As far as looks goes, I think that it'd look cool. If you like it, keep it. Don't let the haters get you down. Everyone on here, almost everyone, knows that cheap caps don't do anything, but caps can help out. Techforce has a big cap, and Rockford Fosgate makes some awesome caps that I personally know helped out a ton.

I don't think the cap is hurting your system, so if it looks cool, keep it.

The voltage display displays the voltage up to where the wire comes in. My friend had a Stinger volt meter hooked up and a cap and the cap was like .2-.3 different (you loose voltage from traveling through wire)

my cap voltage was about -.2 than the batt voltage. i just took it apart to get the voltage meter out of it.

oh and id like to say (as i always do), those who are comparing alts to caps... thats just dumb

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Why do people not realize that caps have there place in car audio. Granted they are used "out of context" per se 99% of the time. If you have the electrical upgrades nessecary for a minimal voltage drop, a cap is a great tool to stabiliz the voltage going to the amps. That is, with a proper rated cap, your amps will see a constant voltage, no dips and no spikes. How many people jumped on Steve and called him a retard, and that caps were useless when he put them in his Honda??

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Why do people not realize that caps have there place in car audio. Granted they are used "out of context" per se 99% of the time. If you have the electrical upgrades nessecary for a minimal voltage drop, a cap is a great tool to stabiliz the voltage going to the amps. That is, with a proper rated cap, your amps will see a constant voltage, no dips and no spikes. How many people jumped on Steve and called him a retard, and that caps were useless when he put them in his Honda??

amen

great post

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0