Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Where the hell do you get 18ga power wire? WTF?

Walmart... Scosh brand :D he was like hey will you look at my sub it gets really loud then it turns itself down. Hmm i wonder. Its like remote wire with a 10 amp fuse. I laughed so hard...

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Pardon my noobieness, but the capacitor stopping your headlights from dimming makes sense to me in theory. A capacitor charges up and holds that charge until it is drained, so it should keep the stress off the battery, right?

Yes they could work, but for the amount of power an amp needs it doesn't do terribly all that much. I think that a 1 farad cap can hold about the same amount of power as a 9v battery. So not much.

Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

By the way a square wave is NOT DC current even if you guys think it has the characteristics. Most of the time its changing polarity 30+ times per second.

And I stand corrected ...Power kills subs not heat, although they are closely connected.

You do know that power creates heat?

And heat is what kills subs, this is related to power. :)

i hate it when a kid says what you got and i say a Fi SSD rated at like 1200 RMS and he said wow thats loud for being rated the same as my sony xplods :rofl: Orly?

fyi, ssd is rated 800 RMS :) (not 1200.. although it should be able to handle it )

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i think a fi ssd with options can handle 1200, the ssd with no other options is rated at 800, but if it has any options then it will be rated higher

i told my neighbor i will be doing the big 3 with 1/0 gauge wiring, he said, dont do that, i used 6 gauge for my car and i ended up burning up the alternator

cause making the workload of your alt easier means it burns up faster, i duno, but was funny

wow, I hate to tell on my home boy, but he heard another friend my mine's system which was 3 Comp VR 12"s ported and a memphis amp of some sort. He liked it. He had a 15" and wanted his to sound like that. The next day he came back with a large square cut out of his box. Me and the other dude laughed so hard and that thing sounded absolutely horrible.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

JUST HEARD THIS 25 MINUTES AGO!

My friend just got 2 15's installed and a rockford t500 amp.

And from what my friend told me the guy also said that the t500 puts out 1000w! I looked at the birth sheet at it's rated 659.1@1ohm :ban2::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to own a T500-1bd that had an RMS of 1024 @ 1 ohm. I still have the birth sheet around here somewhere......

edit:

found it, here it is.

scan0001.jpg

"In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information." -L

"0 gauge will kill your battery becuz it drains the power and stores it in the wire."

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

Archived