Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

• 2 weeks later...

i still like the "my amp is only a 1/4 of the way up" spill i get from ppl. and it's so hard to explain that to ppl....

what is a laymans way of explaining line voltage and amp gain matching?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

i still like the "my amp is only a 1/4 of the way up" spill i get from ppl. and it's so hard to explain that to ppl....

what is a laymans way of explaining line voltage and amp gain matching?

i dont even try to explain, i just make them look stupid and ask ' so if thats the case why buy an amp to just run 25% of its power'? they usually just sit there lookin stupid

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Lol, usually I just ask how do you turn it up some more? and laugh when they turn the gain and bass boost

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lol, usually I just ask how do you turn it up some more? and laugh when they turn the gain and bass boost

i like that idea, except helpin them blow their shit lol. im coldhearted but not that coldhearted

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Clipping is bad AC signal. Doesn't make it DC.

I may be wrong but there is no reason for an amp to put out DC current. Unless it got DC input.

dc amps put out a dc signal

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

By the way a square wave is NOT DC current even if you guys think it has the characteristics. Most of the time its changing polarity 30+ times per second.

And I stand corrected ...Power kills subs not heat, although they are closely connected.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

• 6 months later...

Here is one I heard from a vid on youtube today. "Amps don't work upside down" I swear I am not making this up.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived