my bor in law has the nicer ford ranger rims on his 4x4 (factory) and when the brake dust and iron builds up on them hell wash them by hand first then he comes back around the rims with a toilet brush , diping the brush in muratic acid and omg them things shine like noone elses business, and so far (past 3-4 years) the clear coating hasnt came off due to the acid wash

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

rain x only works on chrome tho... tried using rain-x on stock rims and it did absolute shit but that car has the worse brake dust problem ever i got a car wash from mikes and the next day it built up again already and by day 3 it looked like i went from whitish silver to dark gray black rims.

hmm well i havent really done much washing of my  cobalt rims but i know my machined c6 replica motorsport rims on the camaro always shined and were incredably easy to clean. Unfort thou they are way to wide for a cobalt and dont think they would look as good as on the camaro but i looked at some monte carlo replicas with the same features only problem is bolt pattern and they only offered 17s

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If brake dust is a big problem, buy some EBC brakes. They make some that hardly put off any dust.

EBC's dont get hot enough to stop my truck! been there done that... the dust factor is awesome thoug!  ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=