Sonic Electronix

make sure you read more than just the price. The DC that you linked does 25 amps more at idle. AND I don't know about his vehicle but mine doesn't idle at 800 rpm so Mechman's idle number is useless. I have seen Mechman's idle outputs first hand on a buddy's vehicle. I have also talked to someone that had ran an iraggi, two mechman's separate times, and then a DC Power alt. They had the same vehicle as me. The DC Power alt was far superior. I don't know how much mechman has improved his alts since a year ago but there was a reason I waited for my alt from DC Power.

BUT when money is a problem to someone then they should get the cheaper alt.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

make sure you read more than just the price. The DC that you linked does 25 amps more at idle. AND I don't know about his vehicle but mine doesn't idle at 800 rpm so Mechman's idle number is useless. I have seen Mechman's idle outputs first hand on a buddy's vehicle. I have also talked to someone that had ran an iraggi, two mechman's separate times, and then a DC Power alt. They had the same vehicle as me. The DC Power alt was far superior. I don't know how much mechman has improved his alts since a year ago but there was a reason I waited for my alt from DC Power.

BUT when money is a problem to someone then they should get the cheaper alt.

oh no buddy, i read everything. but youre going to tell me for an extra 25 amps at idle you would pay another $150? that doesnt make ANY sense. and when pertaining to rpm i think you are VERY confused about alternator RPM and engine RPM. two very different things friend.

$800 for one alternator max output being roughly 300amps. the 270 that was linked to provided 25 more amps at idle. for the same $800 you could have a total of 540 amps. im not the smartest...but am i missing something? 300 > 540?

yes, i have done iraggi, DC, and now mechman. DC was superior but without waiting and at half the cost i have three VERY reliable and performance driven alternators. but now i believe youre getting off subject. you discussed superiority when the issue was COST. i agree, DC is a BA company. but if you have a budget i can not for the life of me see spending $800 on one alternator when a comparable alternator is half the cost. you said it in the last statement of your post, so im really not too sure why the reply. money is an issue for the OP. he doesnt want to spend $2400 for dual alts and a bracket.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

oh no buddy, i read everything. but youre going to tell me for an extra 25 amps at idle you would pay another $150? that doesnt make ANY sense. and when pertaining to rpm i think you are VERY confused about alternator RPM and engine RPM. two very different things friend.

$800 for one alternator max output being roughly 300amps. the 270 that was linked to provided 25 more amps at idle. for the same $800 you could have a total of 540 amps. im not the smartest...but am i missing something? 300 > 540?

yes, i have done iraggi, DC, and now mechman. DC was superior but without waiting and at half the cost i have three VERY reliable and performance driven alternators. but now i believe youre getting off subject. you discussed superiority when the issue was COST. i agree, DC is a BA company. but if you have a budget i can not for the life of me see spending $800 on one alternator when a comparable alternator is half the cost. you said it in the last statement of your post, so im really not too sure why the reply. money is an issue for the OP. he doesnt want to spend $2400 for dual alts and a bracket.

Damn that is a very well put post. The whole thread is in it.

Google it

umm, im confused. in the link you gave for DC:

1999-2006 Chevy Silverado AD 270 Amp SP series alternator

Email to a Friend

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock.

$549.00

unless your jumping back and forth between the 300 and 270. ill bet you anything the $800 is for an XP series alt, not the SP. the XP series are fucking bullet proof. there are a lot of reasons why it is so much more.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

umm, im confused. in the link you gave for DC:

1999-2006 Chevy Silverado AD 270 Amp SP series alternator

Email to a Friend

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock.

$549.00

unless your jumping back and forth between the 300 and 270. ill bet you anything the $800 is for an XP series alt, not the SP. the XP series are fucking bullet proof. there are a lot of reasons why it is so much more.

no, the point in the price comparison was because for the 03 diesel f350 270amp alt through mechman his price was $399. but the 300amp through DC the customer was quoted $800. when i stated the mechman price slim thought that if the price was indeed $399 why would DC price theirs at $800? now, it is not my business and i believe any business who has a strong product should be able to quote the price they believe it is worth.

the comparison was only to show that just because a product is comparable with another company does not mean the prices will be as well. another comparison, per boilermakers post about rush, i emailed and spoke with the company. $815 for a triple alternator bracket. and their bracket is fugly. DC has a triple alt bracket quoted to me for $389. this wasnt a which is better comparison, merely a cost comparison showing that companies can DEFINITELY have varying prices for similar products.

Edited by TeamHT

Well, yeah if he wants dual 270s AND can run them in his engine bay then sure. That would be the better monetary choice. Explain to me what was confusing about alt rpm and engine rpm in my post? Mechman's site stated that alt does 155amps by 800 rpm engine speed.

In daily driving, I'd rather have actual idle output being better than stock if I was going to upgrade. I don't wanna have to rev every time I am not moving. Shit, if his engine idle is 800 rpm then it would be a done deal for him to get two mechman 270s. I'd do a 270 XP from DC power or at least the 270 SP from DC power. I do agree that the price difference of the 300 from the 270 is pretty crazy.

OP, are you confused yet? lol.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Well, yeah if he wants dual 270s AND can run them in his engine bay then sure. That would be the better monetary choice. Explain to me what was confusing about alt rpm and engine rpm in my post? Mechman's site stated that alt does 155amps by 800 rpm engine speed.

In daily driving, I'd rather have actual idle output being better than stock if I was going to upgrade. I don't wanna have to rev every time I am not moving. Shit, if his engine idle is 800 rpm then it would be a done deal for him to get two mechman 270s. I'd do a 270 XP from DC power or at least the 270 SP from DC power. I do agree that the price difference of the 300 from the 270 is pretty crazy.

OP, are you confused yet? lol.

i stand corrected. those are indeed engine rpms.

Haha I'm good not confused yet. Girl said I'm addicted and tossed my phone away from the bed. Any way!

Soo basically my engine revs at 650 about and it sounds like the difference is coming down to almost 400$ per alt just for 25 more amps at idle. Is this worth it.

To tell you the truth. I am really only looking for the best. Wether it is mechman or dc or some other shindig alt shop.

And believe it or not I'm learning alots from this thread an I appreciate every ones help

And I will be at 1ohm but I'm not saying I won't be doing lower in the future. :D

Thanks so much guys!!!

Edited by 55437Audio

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

Do you mean that your engine idles at 650 rpm? If that's the case then you won't be getting 155 amps from that mechman alt unless you rev your engine. Try like 70 amps or so at your actual idle. So that 300 alt from DC is an XP, right? Because their 270 SP is 550, their 270 XP is 650, and so this 300 XP is 800.

Edited by slim2fattycake

Ya he never specified but that sounds right. I thought the dc 300 didn't do well at idle either. Am I wrong?

Edited by 55437Audio

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'