i have a 99 dodge durango with 196264 miles but the engine only has about 40,000 miles. it dosnt matter weather im driving, slowing down or stopped it will stall like i shut the key off. every time it does ALL the gauges go down to nothing except the RPM gauge. i have had 2 mechanics look at it already

and they couldnt find anything... i changed all the fuses and relays gone threw ALL of MY wiring and changed my batt terminals. and it still does it any suggestions???

What engine is in that?

On the 5.2s/5.9s the pcm can lose the crank signal randomly and most cases it won't set a dtc. To verify that this is the cause, you'd have to monitor crank sig and hope it stalls.

The 4.7 also has a cam sensor that can cause the same issue, again you'd have to monitor crank and cam and hope that you can catch it in the act.

A decent scan tool can read the cam/crank signals in real time.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

What engine is in that?

On the 5.2s/5.9s the pcm can lose the crank signal randomly and most cases it won't set a dtc. To verify that this is the cause, you'd have to monitor crank sig and hope it stalls.

The 4.7 also has a cam sensor that can cause the same issue, again you'd have to monitor crank and cam and hope that you can catch it in the act.

A decent scan tool can read the cam/crank signals in real time.

its a 5.8 V8

i have a 99 dodge durango with 196264 miles but the engine only has about 40,000 miles. it dosnt matter weather im driving, slowing down or stopped it will stall like i shut the key off. every time it does ALL the gauges go down to nothing except the RPM gauge. i have had 2 mechanics look at it already

and they couldnt find anything... i changed all the fuses and relays gone threw ALL of MY wiring and changed my batt terminals. and it still does it any suggestions???

I would check the plug for the ignition switch. Saw an 03 Ram new off the lot with an accessory connection loose at the plug. Radio would cut off and on if you tapped on the steering column housing.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

• 1 month later...

this may be unrelated but does it only happen when warm? and if so, does it jerk etc sometimes? if so, my brother had the same exact problem with his 99 monte carlo. it was the MAF sensor. replaced that and it was perfect.