DC Sound Lab

New guy with Megacab, SQL possible?

Hey all, new to the site. Found ya after talking to Clay on facebook. I used to be in the scene about 4 yrs ago, but life and whatnot got busy fast. But this brings me to my current situation.

I want to build a decent system for my mega. I have about 4 cubes to work with, and after lookin at dc's site for a few hrs, and reading the first 22 pages of this forum, I have some questions.

1. Would 4 lvl 4 12's in a 4 cube sealed be alright with a AB VFL 500.1 on them at a 1 ohm load?

2. Would I be better off with 2 12's lvl ? with 4 cubes ported?

Again, it is a daily driver, I also would like to be able to go to the occasional show and hit something respectable. If I knew how to post an attachment here I would post a paint sketch of box size availability.

I already know I am needing to upgrade my dual batts, but what size/make/model? (fit in stock dodge diesel location)

Also any great sources for an improved alt, that wont mess with the canbus system in the dodge? I seen Irragi, but I also seen most of the latest threads are people having probs and not able to get ahold of em.

Any thoughts, comments or improved ideas are welcome. Like I said, been a while since I have been on the block, and would like to get up to speed. And great site here guys. :good:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mechman and dc power make good alts too

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I also think you should do 4 tens, just ported.

How big are the battery trays

Try DC Power or Mechman for alts. Dom (from iraggi) is retooling, which is why he's unavailable

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yeah I figured the 12's would give me the nice lows over the 10's. Hence why I came here. To get the guys who actually use these, to throw up their thoughts. I am not against 10's, and 15's we just don't have the airspace for. So trying to find what is going to fit the bill to the box and usage. Remember this isn't just for spl.

I guess 4 10's ported still uses 4 cubes, so it would be the choice:

4 - lvl 4 12's sealed

4 - lvl 4 10's ported

4 - XL 10's ported

Whats the recommended port size and length for the 10's?

Running off the VFL 500.1

Edited by CHEMMINS

for the batts go with two xs power 6500. They fit fine.

for the box, i think you have more than 4 cubes. Take the tool box out of the floor, then you can build it all the way to the truck floor.

ive done six 10s, three 12s, and now i have three 15s in mine. (always DC subs) plenty of room. of course they are all sealed though.

Nathan at xs can also get you hooked up with a high output alt. Let me know if you need any advice, ive taken mine apart and put back together several times.

What ever you do go ported, but you could get a 15"xl or lvl 5.Or get 2 12 "xl's or lvl 5's.. But i think the single 15 would be bad ass. I love single sub systems, nice to get loud and say you only have 1 sub, but thats personl preference. Any of these set ups you go with you will have plenty of power. My opinion would be to go with the lvl 5 15. There are also other sub companies you could look into, like Ascendant audio, or FI. But go with a high model sub like aa smd's or mayhems, or FI BTL. You have the amp, now get the sub/subs to go with it. Any of these set-ups will be respectable on the meter. I have 1 15" diamond audio d3 rated at 500 watts rms, and running around 900 on it for a long time now, and it handles it like a champ, I have just about broke 140 db with it to. It's almost all in the box build, and whats great they are cheap and easy to build multiple times till you get the sound and numbers you like, so enjoy your build man, i'm in the process of re building mine for not sure what size and amount of subs, but going for 150 mark, and i'm enjoying every second of it.

Edited by lance_98main

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

for the batts go with two xs power 6500. They fit fine.

for the box, i think you have more than 4 cubes. Take the tool box out of the floor, then you can build it all the way to the truck floor.

ive done six 10s, three 12s, and now i have three 15s in mine. (always DC subs) plenty of room. of course they are all sealed though.

Nathan at xs can also get you hooked up with a high output alt. Let me know if you need any advice, ive taken mine apart and put back together several times.

Yeah I don't think I can go much over 4 cubes. I need to keep the baby seat hooks, only building to the bottom of those. (got a new one coming in Feb, and brother in law has a new baby too) I might be able to squeek 4.2 cubes maybe? Have to look and see, maybe make a cutout around the baby hooks? Already got the toolbox tray ripped out. I got a max height of 17" on the back wall right now. 59.5" wide.

Also do the xs 6500's fit in the stock batt tray and use the stock tiedowns?