Sonic Electronix

How to figure out internal volume after displacement?

Just use torres' calculator it will make it easier for you. But if you want to do it by hand just subtract your dis. vol from your gross box vol. And also if those are outter dimensions then subtract 1.5 from each one, for wood thickness (if using 3/4 sheets).

measure your box in inches, subtracting the thickness of the wood, multiply the dimensions, and divide that by 1728 (1728 cubic inches in 1 cubic foot.) do the same for you port, but don't subtract the wood thickness. subtract port volume from the box volume and then subtract your subs displacement, which can be found on the website or the specs sheet you got with it. your leftover amount is volume after displacements. If you have bracing done, be sure to get the volume of that calculated out(IE: 2x2 23 inches long is 92 cubic inches, blah blah blah) and subtract that from the initial box volume. Hope that helps.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

depending on how many walls your port is will determine what dimensions you use for port volume. for example a port with 3 independent sides will have a different displacement than a port with 1 independent side. keep that in mind. will it make much of a difference? maybe not, but precision is fun :P

Just use torres' calculator it will make it easier for you. But if you want to do it by hand just subtract your dis. vol from your gross box vol. And also if those are outter dimensions then subtract 1.5 from each one, for wood thickness (if using 3/4 sheets).

I'd just use Torres' calculator, i make tons of sub boxes and it makes it easy.

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log