Who really has the best wiring

I got into a debate with some one the other day about wiring and it ended up in a 6 brand stand off being and in no real order Kicker, JL Audio, Streetwires, Stinger, Monster and Rockford. But really if money is no object who has the best be it rca's to power wire who is the beast when it comes to wiring your ride. My pick was rockford then streetwires but hey post it up and remember guys money is no object in this what would you pick and why.

there is no such thing as a good rca or "best".

To be honest a $10 radio shack set of rca's are going to be just as good as a $50 pair of monster or any other high dollar brand.

There has been tests using coat hangers for rca wiring and getting the same results as a high dollar pair of rcas.

Power wire, thats a tuff one.. Anything that is not cca (copper clad aluminum) is better wire right off the bat.

the old rockford fosgate 3awt or whatever that is pure copper is one of the better wires but it hasnt been made in quite some time. however some people have some rolls just sitting around.

My first choice in wire would problably be the Shok Competitor wire which is a very large and high strand count pure copper 1/0 wire. but you need to be a competitor and on team shok to get it.

My 2nd choice would be KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable, Very high strand count and again oversized 1/0 gauge wire that is copped tinned ( which is better then CCA wire, and the majority of wire companies are now doing).

My 3rd choice is a tie between RF and Kicker HyperFlex. These cables are like exactly the same and have a different name, both are oversized 1/0 gauge and have a higher strand count vs most the other companies out there making wire and is another copper tinned wire. Only reason I put them at number 3 is because their price, the knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable is just as good, but your not paying for the name that has been around car audio since day 1 and says RF or Kicker

Monster cable would be my last choice on wire..

Monster Cable wire has a plastic tube that runs down the middle of the wire, and they claim this plastic tube makes the current flow faster and handle more power...

If something like this was true, why have no other companies done this....

Again your paying for a name, and getting rammed in the ass with no lube because you paid for wire and you are getting more plastic vs other companies.

However, I do love my welding cable.. Cheaper then most brands of car audio wire, it is 100% pure oxygen free copper, and avaible in many sizes all the way up to 4 or 5 awg which is way thicker then 1/0awg. The only down fall i think is its not very flexible but still great to run from front to back, then use something like knukonceptz rf or kicker from the back batteries to the amp(s)

are you guys talking about shockwave audio and them having their own wiring or am i missing some thing never heard of them post a link

LOL @ COCKWAVE...

No, its called Shok wire. The owner of the company is Russ and he is from China or someplace over their.

I have about 6 friends on Team Shok that run his wire.

He has a variety of wire from competition series for his competitiors using the product to the novice user that uses something of lesser grade.

He is also startind to make his own wiring accessories and distro blocks, and maybe even RCA cords.

More info here. http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127

I Like a true AWG, That meets or exceeds all cable specifications and ampacities. Acid, gas, oil, sunlight (ozone), flame,and water resistant. Double wall. Strands with: 30 gauge class K stranding.

Anything else is just marketing to jack up the price.

Last thing is flexibility. Anyone who get a cable that doesn't easily bend bought junk. This 4/0 or 0000 works just fine

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I Like a true AWG, That meets or exceeds all cable specifications and ampacities. Acid, gas, oil, sunlight (ozone), flame,and water resistant. Double wall. Strands with: 30 gauge class K stranding.

Anything else is just marketing to jack up the price.

Cough welding cable, cough.. :drinks:

so lets say you got a sick discount on some kicker wiring would you run it or go for something else

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Depends what a "sick discount" is. $3 a foot, hell ya.

try like 200 foot of 1/0 for 200 or under that i dont know how to put that into per foot sorry

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

so lets say you got a sick discount on some kicker wiring would you run it or go for something else

I work for an audio shop. We stock stinger wiring accesories but we also sell RF, Monster, DB Link, and some other brands that offer wiring.

Cost on a 50foot roll of stinger hpm, stinger pro, or fosgate wire is not to bad, but I still chose to run my cheaper priced 3/0 and 4/0 gauge wiring.

Id rather have a better quality wire like KingSuv said. I know he is big into the welding cable too from coppercableman on ebay with the tristar (ithink) cable who will even custom label your wire to say whatever you want.

Some other welding cable site.

https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:terms::PA#A2

And a good read about coat hangers vs rca's..

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables.html

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/links/2008/monster_cables_vs_coat_hangers.php

Archived