chapo123 Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 friend just told me abc boxes get loud for single sub setups and im getting a new box for my btl 12. can someone please fill me in more detail on to what they are and what they do?? or should i just do a normal slot port? all opions considered.. Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
qu1cks1lver56 Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 Aperiodic Bi-Chamber First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
dugee81 Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/dual_chamber.htm http://www.audiophiletalk.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1161406159 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/683513/2009-subaru-impreza-bayamon-or-mayaguez-un-pr?p=2 this is what i could find on it, looks interesting. 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
C-Fizzy Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 Sounds like a 4th order, no? under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
korey_hofer Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 no it's closer to a series tuned 6th order, I've done a couple and liked them previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Blue Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 No its not a 4th order. An abc box is a box with 2 different chambers for one sub, chamber a and chamber b. Chamber A is where the sub is and chamber B is where chamber A 'fires' into. People usually take the recomended air space for the sub and put 2/3 of that space into camber A and the other 1/3 is chamber B. Now what you do is tune Chamber A tune the frequency that you want. Once you get the deminsions for the port length and area, you need to copy that 2 more times. If you want more in depth understanding I can write it up. An abc box is more for sq than output. I did an abc box for a dd9512g on a sundown 3k. The best I was able to achieve was 139.3db's sealed on the dash. It sounded great on music, just didnt do the numbers that it should have been able to do if it was in a regular ported box. Here is a quick vid of it formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
C-Fizzy Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 wow. It actually doesn't seem too hard to calculate. But Blue, can you explain a little more on how to tune chamber b? under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
chapo123 Posted August 30, 2010 Author Report Posted August 30, 2010 so youre saying a normal slot port would have been louder? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
Blue Posted August 30, 2010 Report Posted August 30, 2010 You dont tune chamber B. You use the same deminsion port that you used on chamber A. Its tuned higher than chamber A. The port that is connecting chamber A to chamber B is tuned the same as the External port on Chamber A. For instance on the box I did, the one in the vid, Chamber A was tuned to 33 hz I believe, and Chamber B was tuned to 42ish hz. Shit, Im going to have to bust out my bad ass paint skills now aren't I? formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.