Sonic Electronix

Never had one of my own, bought new, Only a hand me down Dewalt from my step dad, but the motor/brushes are shot

Sooooo , just wondering what others are using.. Im guessing they are all around the same RPM, and that they all fit the same bits etc, but I seem to see alot more accessories/bits for Bosch Routers. SO as of nopw thats a top pick, but I also think the new Porter Cables look nice too.. What do you guys think?

I have the Craftsman version of the Porter Cable.

I use the hell out of routers and this one holds up.

I have been through more then a few lesser quality routers.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thanks guys. I got 3 good choices now :)

Any suggestions on bits? I am a carpenter so I do use my router a bit at work too, ( not like a cabinet maker or anything ) But I would like to have probably the 10 most used bits.. As for CA builds, the only thing I think I would need is a few round overs, and a flush..

Anywho, Im guessing its best to go with good bits right off the bat? Seeing as how if you get cheap stuff you'll probably make more work in the long run? Just seems like Bits are something where the more you pay the better they really are..

Ive seen a couple of bosch , craftsman, and Freud kits that look nice, but dont know if you guys have anything not so "mainstream" thats just as good for less?

Edited by comatoastedlush

The main bits I use on just every build is my down cut spiral bit, my 3/4 round over bit and my 2" flush cut bit.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I use diablo bits (even though i only have a spiral upcut lol) i plan to get a roundover bit pretty soon.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Thanks again..

noob question.. Lets say i wanted to flush mount some aeros, which be be Im assuming about a 1/8 notch,, What bit would I use for that. Im not to skilled or knowledgeable on the custom things you can do with routers ( especially in CA ) but would like to learn a bit more..

Or if I had a box fully built but wanted to add another baffle on top of the one I have.. Is it the Flute ( straight bit )?

Obviously the holes would be cut out already in the first baffle, so what bit would I used to A) put an oversized piece of mdf on the existing baffle and then just follow along the box for and exact match, and B) Matching the existing port and sub opening holes //

Man I hope that made sense to you guys