Second Skin Audio

damaged sub and need advise, pics inside

Well, I got my subs from UPS today and one is damaged. I'm hoping it won't effect it but thought I'd throw it up here to see what everyone thinks. If its an issue how should I go about having it repaired? Thanks in advance for any help.

DSC05161.jpg

DSC05158.jpg

Edited by chuchunesme

can try to have it "tigged" back.

get ahold of a good welder

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Could put some jb weld in it and place that spoke on the bottom if it happens that the subs face forward instead up, if the sub is going to face up i would be hesitant to use it with it broken like that.

They are going to be facing forward but luckily that is the bottom of the sub so it won't be a weak point for it to hang on. I was really worrying about the broken pieces rattling against each other.

I thought about having it welded, I know a guy that builds sprint car chassis and is amazing with all types of metals but I'm worried about the effect of the heat on the surround.

Edited by chuchunesme

TIG.

3-4 tig spots will hold it.

very little heat transfer

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Just curious but can you send me a pic of the box?

Yeah, I'll grab a couple for you. The one box looked like Ace Ventura handled it lol. I don't want you to think I'm tripping on this, its not a huge deal, I understand shit happens.

I also agree I got a good deal, I just wanted advise on if I should fix it or leave it. I didn't expect him to spend a day building wooden boxes to ship these for the price I paid.

Edited by chuchunesme