Second Skin Audio

SMD 18 vs DC LVL 5 18.....winner has been chosen on pg 9

CJ18

trust me im not either, but tell me you wouldnt be pissed they get released after your purchase lol

this.

neos should be out end of september beginning october from my info.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

XL neo is an xl but neo. might have more BL but your still comparing an "XL" vs a level 5 which is a 90lb monster..also im pretty sure level 6 are way out of his price range so waiting on something that is out of budget, when there is something thats already meant to be waiting on him to order :clapping:

whoops im too slow ^^

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

hey just givin my opinion. i hate waiting. but if i wouldve known about the new goodies about to come out i would fight myself to do it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

If the level 6 is out when I decide to buy the budget for this build can be adjusted if need be. If anyone can give me any more info on the level 6 that would be great. There is alot of work to be done on the truck before the box can be built. So time frame on the subs is still up in the air.

Both are monsters, and Im sure you'd be happy with either one... I'll tell you this from personal experience, I have 4 DC lvl 5 18's, and they take power all day long... As long as Rusty and I are on great terms, I'll never run anything else. :drinks:

How much are you giving them on a daily basis? I have found a lvl 5 18 a guy is trying to sell now for a real good price so i have to decide on this kinda quick.

Level 6. Worth every penny, simple, beautiful, and a F&^%$# monster!

none of this double motors flipped over triple stacked bolt out the bottom split dual gap coil thingy ma bob.

Just a big beastly sub you can recone in the living room :)

So what's the disadvantage of that?

Really parabolic BL curve versus one that..isn't close to being anywhere near as linear...

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Thanks for all of the input so far guys!!! So far I would say that the DC has the edge but is there anyone here that can put up and argument for the SMDs?

It has no edge...none.

There is no motor cooling technology, it isn't machined in house, it would not have the thermal capacity of the smd, the suspension will never be as linear, it will never move as much linear. Linearity is all that matters, if it is not linear it is distortion. Period.

The BL curve is far from parabolic as the SMD is....if a regular SGLC design was that great we would have made the SMD that in production (Remember the SMD from 3 years ago with the double stack of 11.25" magnets and the regular top plate...yeah that is WAY cheaper to build), but we decided not to because supergauss is leaps and bounds ahead of a standard SGLC design.

Why would we spend the time and effort in machining all of this stuff in house and building something RADICALLY different when we could build something for 1/4 of the cost of the SMD and still sell it for the same money?

Make 4 times the profit, and take a step back 15 years in time in technology...makes sense to me. Sign me up. I'd love to turn 400% profit in my shop on a woofer. That'd be sweet.

The comparison is, it is not comparable. Nothing is comparable to the SMD...it's just the truth.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived