Sundown Audio

Those subs should be just fine. My SA-12's are only rated at 600 watts each. As far as electrical goes, I would just watch your voltage. Since I'm not competing right now I only have a stock alt (90 amps) and battery up front and it's fine.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

you'll be fine, thats actually a perfect setup, just be careful with clipping the signal from the headunit into the amps as well as clipping from the amp to the subs so careful with the gain and you will be set

sundown amps are very efficient so your electrical will do

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Clipping is not from voltage it's by the guy at the knob, if he puts the amp past it's limits it will not output a clean signal and damaging subs, same goes for HU's dont turn it past 3/4 of the max volume and do not use the bass boost or anyother bass enhancer....

you clip by overdriving an amplifier. you can clip your ipod/mp3 player, your headunits amplifier, your headunits preouts, and your amplifier. but yes you can clip your amplifier from voltage drop.

I know its not much but here is what Ed said when i asked him if voltage drops cause clipping.

"It depends on the amps but mostly it can create clipping inadvertently. But usually not until voltage is dangerously low, like 10v."

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Clipping is not from voltage it's by the guy at the knob, if he puts the amp past it's limits it will not output a clean signal and damaging subs, same goes for HU's dont turn it past 3/4 of the max volume and do not use the bass boost or anyother bass enhancer....

That could be a problem because I like my music loud. So you are saying that my amp may be to much power for these subs?

Edited by sYstEm eRRoR

That could be a problem because I like my music loud. So you are saying that my amp may be to much power for these subs?

no.......disregard his post. clipping happens most often when you have a 300rms amplifier and a 1000rms subwoofer and you are wondering why its not loud and keep tuning up the gain and bassboost and etc till the woofer blows then you are like "well why the hell did it blow? this amp is shit" when infact it would be your own fault since you were clipping the crap out of the amplifier. having a 1500rms amplifier on lets say the same 1000rms woofer, 99% of the time you will not blow the woofer when setting gains to around 1000rms. that 500rms of headroom (power that isnt being used) will ensure that you get clean power out of the amplifier and minimizing the chance of clipping.

you can also put a 5000rms amplifier on a 500rms subwoofer as long as you tune the gains correctly (with a multimeter in this case, other times you would need an oscilloscope) then there will be no chance of blowing the woofer. it all matters on the settings.