Sonic Electronix

Amp keeps blowing fuses?

Oh yeah my Voltage is 14.65 with engine on and idle ..

And with engine off, the battery voltage is 12.55

That is a really good voltage!

Take off the cap, check ALL your grounds, change the wire for 4 ga on your amp(it's not overkill at all). And then, tell us the results.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Yeah my voltage has always been good I have a aftermaket battery .. Not sure what brand, I replaced it ages ago ..

And I have a 110 amp alt that has really good idle output .

I took off the cap, and this time the fuses blew before I even made it to work .. That's like a 20min drive ..

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Really not trying to talk down on you but you do have some sort of knowledge of what you're doing right? As far as series an parallel? Really just trying to get info to help you because it does happen and if you're running it at 1ohm on accident it would definately cause problems.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Really not trying to talk down on you but you do have some sort of knowledge of what you're doing right? As far as series an parallel? Really just trying to get info to help you because it does happen and if you're running it at 1ohm on accident it would definately cause problems.

he said its in series but you are correct you never know.

to the OP, your woofer MUST be wired like this to work correctly

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Yeah i know im a Noob, but i do know how to wire subwoofers, one of the few things i do know .. lol

I even double checked my ohm load with a volt meter :P

he said its in series but you are correct you never know.

to the OP, your woofer MUST be wired like this to work correctly

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Yeah i have it wired that way ..

But i think im gonna re-wire it ..

Im gonna run each coil onto its own channel, and see if that helps ..

Thats how i use to have it months ago, I decided to wire it in series this time, but ill switch it back and see if that helps because i never had problems before ..

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Yeah i know im a Noob, but i do know how to wire subwoofers, one of the few things i do know .. lol

I even double checked my ohm load with a volt meter :P

Yeah i have it wired that way ..

But i think im gonna re-wire it ..

Im gonna run each coil onto its own channel, and see if that helps ..

Thats how i use to have it months ago, I decided to wire it in series this time, but ill switch it back and see if that helps because i never had problems before ..

I thought you were having a issue with your amp for the componets, not the subs. So i think he was asking what the ohm load is for your componets? Sounds like a short. What method are you using for gain setting. 4guage isnt overkill to power any amp, and personally i think it should be the minimum for any amp. Did you ever re-check the wiring, and did you do the install yourself?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I was using it for my components, and i removed my entire system cuz im ordering new subs, and building a box ..

So right now im using that small Amp to power a 12" sub so i have some bump in the mean time ..

I did check it over and over again, and yes i install it all myself, and havent had a problem yet ..

Idk what other variables to check

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Archived