Sundown Audio

Family Photo :

I may tool new surrounds for the 10, 12, and 15 -- currently the roll is equal to the SA series. Some torture testing is in order :)

Thinking more like the high tall roll surround that appears to be on the 18's?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Thinking more like the high tall roll surround that appears to be on the 18's?

Possibly... depends on if the current surrounds pass my torture test. If they do I won't change them -- if they don't I will tool up a set similar to the 18"

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Playing a Bass Mekanik track that drops down to 20 Hz. We are using an SAZ-2500D @ 1 ohm on the woofer -- the first part of the track shows the sub playing at maximum un-clipped volume and then we push it into clipping towards the end to show how much is TOO much sub movement.

You can actually hear a bit of "buzzing" right at first after I turn it up for the second run -- that is audible clipping.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

This is what I don't like about the black paint finish :

Rings.jpg

It's not noticeable on the SA line with relatively small back and top plates -- but when you get plates this thick it shows up.

The black paint also sometimes gets messed up a bit in shipping as it occasionally is not 100% cured and the plastic packing bag will mess up the finish by leaving crinkle marks on it.

Minor, yes, but it bugs me... especially on a larger and more expensive driver like this.

is this climb cutting or conventional cutting? climb cutting will give you the best finish on this machining. another trick you can do i once its machined out, have the cnc come back in with a longer cutter, and go around it in one pass taking off .0005 of stock, that should clean it up nicely.

also, are you using 2 flute cutters, 4 flute cutters, cobalt, carbide? what is your rpm and feed rate?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

is this climb cutting or conventional cutting? climb cutting will give you the best finish on this machining. another trick you can do i once its machined out, have the cnc come back in with a longer cutter, and go around it in one pass taking off .0005 of stock, that should clean it up nicely.

also, are you using 2 flute cutters, 4 flute cutters, cobalt, carbide? what is your rpm and feed rate?

oh shit....

reminds me of my manufacturing processes and CAM classes, haha

• 1 month later...

A few pre-production changes are going on...

1) I am changing these to 8-layer flat aluminum coils from the currently tested 4-layer round aluminum coils.

2) This will raise the cost to about the same as the Z v.2 price now, so they won't be cheaper now -- these coils are about 2.5x more expensive than the 4-layer round units.

Good news is they provide enough benefit that I decided to go this route on the driver for the stock coil :) I am sure nobody will be let down by the added benefit.

Otherwise the pictured units with chrome motors are what will be produced.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg