Sundown Audio

soundstream xxx 10,000k

roger1978

and always ohm rise. i believe the amp was bad. his voltage is fine at 14.9. ive seen the one i had go as low as 11.6v in my inlaws car. warned him about it. he abused it for a week and it blew. soundstream fixed it out of warranty and i plugged it in my truck at .5 and slammed it hard. worked great. they can take buse. plus their power input terminals are like oversize oo2 wires or something. cus 5250strand of shok in it was pencil dickin it. qaulity terminals and rca plugs lol

On music you cannot always count on box rise(=ohm rise as u call it).

At some freqeuncies the amp actually get's down to 0.5ohms.;)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

ok, i have experience with this amp, great amp. 1 problem is that in order to hook up the power and ground u would have to turn it on its back to unscrew the lil plate to hook up all the wires. some people wire it backward cus they forgot that its upside down now. happen to my buddy but i fix it b4 i turned it on. but if your certant you had it correct. it was probably just a bad amp. was it new? or bought 2nd hand/ and that amp wil do .5 easy daily on music with that electrical set up you have. i had mines @.5 on 2 dc lv5 15' and it worked great. with a mm200alt, 2 d3100 and ad2700. 2 run of shok 1/0 but only 1 was fused cus i didnt have a fuse bolck. and it did fine all day. current draw is okay for that amp pretty good. way better than my current hifonic galiath. that pos draws a ton more and makes less power. and you wont see 10k out of that in a 12v setup. more like 6k. if you got it bnib, thay have a year warranty i believe and they do a great job fixing it.and get it back to you in a month or so.

p.s my voltage with this amp stayed above 14.2 while drivin and bumbin. idle it can still handle good mount of demo until i reach 12v. but dramastic difference from 12 to 14. so if you can run it at 16, it be real nice.

hey thank you for the info it was a used amp and i am positive everything was hook up right i was stoked about the amp until the fire show lol the guy i got it from is sending it to his repair shop to see if it can be fixed im hoping it can im running two 18s that have mad maxx motors that smash hard but i wanted to thank you for your response it helped

• 11 months later...

@poster

sound stream don't have low voltage protection system!!!

2nd they were not rated for 0.5ohms if u wanted then u must have v strong electrical bcz this amp can take 900amp of current so u can think why ur amp gone into smoke.

0.5ohms need hell strong backup of current,which u were not able to provide to amp thus u smoked ur beast.....

@My OpiniOnZ MAy HaVe ChanGeD, But Not The Fact ThAt I'm Right.........!!

• 1 year later...

its junk

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived