OK, I ended up ordering a Clifford 330.3x 2-way alarm for my new Mazda and have a few questions. My friend who did the alarm in the PT will be helping with the Mazda too, so I am not in over my head with this.

Since the Mazda has no 'remote keyless entry' and no factory alarm on it, just has an immobilizer key, I should not need any expresskit right? It does not need connection of any kind to the CANBUS or anything like that?

Can I assume it will be like an old school install with direct connection to the car?

I only need it to control power locks and trunk release, and I think it comes with a shock sensor already. No remote start, cause I park the 5-speed in gear all the time.

What do you installers think, this should be a basic and easy install, or am I missing something?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 weeks later...

^^^Thanks! Yes it is the 2010 Mazda 3i Sport. Clifford 330.3x 2 way.

Car has no RKE and no factory alarm, just the immobilizer "chipped" key.

I am still trying to learn by researching here and on the web so that I can try to keep up with my friend when he does the install. I always say "we" but I will be mounting the stuff and he will do all the wiring, just like the Viper alarm in the PT.

I just read about the new integrated shock sensor. Do you guys recommend any good mounting spots for the brain so that the shock sensor works well?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

You are still going to need some sort of transponder based bypass(tbxkey, 556uw. etc...) or data bypass(xk05)... it's not a smartkey is it? As for mounting the brain, either a main harness run under the dash or a solid support under the dash(dash bracing or column).

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

You are still going to need some sort of transponder based bypass(tbxkey, 556uw. etc...) or data bypass(xk05)... it's not a smartkey is it? As for mounting the brain, either a main harness run under the dash or a solid support under the dash(dash bracing or column).

No it is not a smart key.

Teach me something here, why do I need a transponder based bypass? I thought those were only needed when a factory alarm or RKE needs to be controlled by the aftermarket alarm??? or in a remote start setup, which I am not doing.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 months later...

Archived