Sundown Audio

a great spot would be 33hz gets the lows as well as lil wayne and e-40 high bass.

yeah thats what i was thinking because 32hz is sqish and 34 is higherish so 33 would sound good.. i was just thrown off at how they reccomened 30hz lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

My previous set up was tuned to 34Hz and my SA-12's tuned at 30Hz is louder, the first time I metered it I was loudest around the 40-42Hz area. I have yet to find something that will make these subs sound bad (except maybe country western music)

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

I had my pair at 33hz in my trunk. Gave them 3 cubes, plenty of port and a SAE-1200 and it hit hard as hell in a trunk car

1995 Chevy Camaro

Alpine CDA-7892

1 SA-12

DD CM1 @1 ohms

XS Power D1200

Knukoncepts Fleks

Coming soon....

Beyma mids and highs, alot of them

Your peak frequency of your car will play a big role. If you tune to 32 and you peak at 32 you will hammer the 30 to 35 hz area, but may not be able to extend to the 50 hz range. I highly doubt you'll peak that low though. Do you know your cars peak?

Also bigbody provides good info about his application and experience.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

its probably recommended for a flatter response curve.

there wont be that much of a difference between 30hz and 33hz tuning either, seems like your making them compare like its 30hz and 40hz.

i have a pair in my friends truck and its at 37~38hz and it still gets every low in decafs music. Port size will help your box extend below tuning better..

his are also in ~2cubes each, because we planned on using an sax1000. but now we have a sae1200 so i might be redoing it at 1.75 per sub

yeah my car peaked at 42hz or 49hz idk lol might do 30hz now.. thinking of doing like 16sq in per cube on port length.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

its probably recommended for a flatter response curve.

there wont be that much of a difference between 30hz and 33hz tuning either, seems like your making them compare like its 30hz and 40hz.

i have a pair in my friends truck and its at 37~38hz and it still gets every low in decafs music. Port size will help your box extend below tuning better..

his are also in ~2cubes each, because we planned on using an sax1000. but now we have a sae1200 so i might be redoing it at 1.75 per sub

also noobish question but what does that mean? my buddys car with 2 ed 13av.2 or w.e psi recones was tuned to 31hz in a trunk car firing fowrad and peaked at 42hz but didnt sound really good on higher ntoes like 3 6 mafia lol

1j1450.png

bumpppp

1j1450.png

also noobish question but what does that mean? my buddys car with 2 ed 13av.2 or w.e psi recones was tuned to 31hz in a trunk car firing fowrad and peaked at 42hz but didnt sound really good on higher ntoes like 3 6 mafia lol

its gettin every frequency in a certain range to be at the same level. so from 25 to 55hz or so youll be at the same decibel level, makes music sound much better

oh really...? shit i might do 30hz then.. my friend said companys reccomnd tuning close to the fs of the sub or something like that... whats that mean? god im a box noob :(

1j1450.png