Sundown Audio

2 amps?

rasic

ok so im in a dilemma, im deciding to go with 2 icons, but they are d2 ohm, and its hard to find a 2 ohm amplifier that puts out 2000 watts thats not over 600 dollars, should i go for 2 amps that are 1000 rms at 1 ohm? or would that be to much on my eletrical, i plan on getting a 200 amp alt and at least a 2200 amp battery

witha big 3

system:

changes way to much...

ok so im in a dilemma, im deciding to go with 2 icons, but they are d2 ohm, and its hard to find a 2 ohm amplifier that puts out 2000 watts thats not over 600 dollars, should i go for 2 amps that are 1000 rms at 1 ohm? or would that be to much on my eletrical, i plan on getting a 200 amp alt and at least a 2200 amp battery

witha big 3

why not just get a amp that 0.5 stable?

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

why not just get a amp that 0.5 stable?

theres VERY FEW brands that advertise and warranty .5 ohm loads. plus you need a beefy ass electrical to handle that. volt drop and boom amp is gone.

You could get 1 amp and 2 amps at the same time... The ap 30001d is two ap 15001ds internally strapped. Both stable to 1 ohm. I think that would work perfectly, but I'm not much of a fan of AudioPipe amps.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived