Sonic Electronix

Amplifier Keeps Blowing Subs

I would lean more towards an amp issue, I have run type rs over 1000 rms each with no issues from the subs.

I know i had the Sub on 1k on my soundstream amp, then i switched to my kicker amp, and bam sub blows .. Like wtf lol

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

You said that the Bass boost was at half, that could be causing it to clip. Turn the bass boost off because you probably don't really need it, and set the gains with a o-scope or DMM

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

how high do you have the volume?

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

turn the bass boost completely off and just turn your gain up. you dont really need the bass boost. i would rather have my bass boost off and have the gain up a little more then the way you have it

edit: and wut deck you using?

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Here are some things I go by when tuning my stuff...

Head unit must be set to a comfortable level, usually about 3/4 volume for peak of system volume. Something like 32 out of 40 or whatever.

You should try to resist using bass boost, and you gain levels your head units voltage output to the amp, it's not a volume knob for your amp.

And no matter how much you say "I wasn't clipping" you don't know unless it was scoped, and even then you might not be clipping at peak voltages, but voltage drop usually means you are instantly clipping.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

user error or amp error. make sure you wired the subs right.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived