Help with serpentine belt length.

Vehicle - 1986 Chevy S10.

Engine - 2.5L 4cyl. No power steering, No A/C, No 4WD.

It's an 86 model year as shown on the VIN and the title. But an 86 belt is a V-type belt. Mine is a 6 rib serpentine belt from 87-90 2.5L motors. (GM like always, go figure.)

Is there any website I can go to search and find certain lengths of belts? I believe the one I am searching for is 13/16" wide by 75 1/4" long, 6-rib. The local auto stores don't carry that specific size.

They do carry a 13/16" wide by 75" long 6-rib belt, but I'm unsure if that 1/4" will cause noise or be to tight. It does have an auto-tensioner.

Any ideas?

Derp.

Dude you'll be fine on that 75" belt, you have a tensioner so 1/4" is nothing and will stretch that out over time. Just so long as the rib count is the same your good to go.

It should work but for his peace of mind I recommended getting dealer specs to be sure that way he doesn't have to worry about it failing. Plus if the belt specified is the same price from the dealer (doubtful) I would do that.

Edited by cfallsguy