Would i be much louder then this other setup?

okay well my friend (shes a girl) just hooked up her bet. its a 4 door impala trunk car. she got 2 12 type r's. (new ones) and a 1500watt amp (she didnt tell me what brand.) in a custom box. i havent seen it yet but i think its a prefab. with 2gauge wiring she said. best buy hooked it up for her. she has completly stock electrical..

im getting 2 12 sundowns. with a autotek 1900.1ss on it wired to 1 ohm. in a hand built slot ported (subs in middle port on side) box tuned to 33hz 1.75 per sub. i have big 3 done, full 0 gauge. and xs power d3400 in back. its a trunk car as well, 02 sebring. both seats fold down in both car. i think i would be louder but i know type r's aernt very good sq wise and thats whats worrying me about her being louder due to they just sound louder with no sq (like l7 lol) but honostly what do you guys think? and my stuff wasnt intaled by best buy hahaha

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

theres a good chance that you'll be louder but than again I have no idea what kind of amp she has, but a lot of stuff comes into play. However, I don't understand the part where you said she had a custom box but it was prefab.

how do you not know the answer to this lol. you should be louder but depends on ur install to. sundown vs alpine hmm i wonder wut will be louder sub wise, now to the amp you need to find out what amp she has. if bb put it in then its proly a cheap overrated amp

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

she said the guy that sold it ot her said it was custom. im thinking she got lied to but idk cuz i havent seen it.. and nah my install is good lol oscope amp and everything. i jsut dont know which would be louder cuz they both 600rms subs but i know hers dont really got sq so that might make it sound more distorted and louder. especially if its a prefab. thatd be embarrising

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

IMO It's really not JUST about what woofers/amp you have. You have to take into account how the vehicles are designed and what freq. they get louder at etc. If she has a 'custom pre-fab' it might be tuned higher which could account for her being louder. The Type-R's don't sound loud, they are loud for what they are. Plus they look damn good. Sounds like your scurred aye? lol Have a wager with her to see who is louder. If a meter is present. Do her seats fold down? Just because Best Buy installed it doesn't mean it's gonna be a sissy set-up.

Derp.

If you bass raced each other i think you could be louder, cause you have the electrical to back it up over periods of bumpin, and those sa 12s should blow the type r's out of the water, look at arawndark's vids he should the type r vs sa 12.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

IMO It's really not JUST about what woofers/amp you have. You have to take into account how the vehicles are designed and what freq. they get louder at etc. If she has a 'custom pre-fab' it might be tuned higher which could account for her being louder. The Type-R's don't sound loud, they are loud for what they are. Plus they look damn good. Sounds like your scurred aye? lol Have a wager with her to see who is louder. If a meter is present. Do her seats fold down? Just because Best Buy installed it doesn't mean it's gonna be a sissy set-up.

yes i am kinda scared lol it would suck if shes louder then me :( and yeah her seats fold down too. true somone might be good at best buy.

1j1450.png

i wouldn't be worried. her "1500" watt amp is most likely peak not RMS...FTL

sorry i cant really say shit mine is peak too

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

nope its custom box.. oh shit this will be good.. its tuned to 33hz like mine will be.. port on side.. FUCK

1j1450.png

Archived