N00B Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 Okay, I have been wondering when one has the advantage. Lets say, 1 18 on like 2.5k vs like 6 12's on 2k vs 2 15's on 5k So which would get louder? 2 18s on 4k 6 12's on 2k 2 15's on 5k
Jared420 Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 honestly i have seen many other threads just like this, you probably wont get an answer because theres 2 billion things that factor into what your asking 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
skittlesRgood Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 power wins. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
N00B Posted September 10, 2010 Author Report Posted September 10, 2010 Those were just examples, I'm just wondering though which tiumphs? Power or cone area
Hotdog Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 2 18's on 4k would probably be louder. This is if all setup's had box's that were built to spec according to woofer spec's. 2 18's = 508.68 cone area 6 12's = 678.24 cone area 2 15's = 353.25 cone area The twelves would have the most cone area but the difference between the 12's and 18's would not amount to much even on the same power.. maybe 1/2db or less. But 2 18's on 4k would be louder then 6 12's on 2k (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
skittlesRgood Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 its the amount of power each woofer gets. ive seen 2 18"s on 12k vs 6 18"s on 12k. the 2 18"s could get louder. but of course it depends on the install. half the power and less cone area can win. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Chamois Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 Think outside the box and do like 6 12s on more power .. Like 500watts - 1k per woofer Then you would be all set 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Maxim Posted September 10, 2010 Report Posted September 10, 2010 Just put 10 Level 5 10"s on 40 kajillion watts and blow your truck apart. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Zpexx Posted September 12, 2010 Report Posted September 12, 2010 Think outside the box and do like 6 12s on more power .. Like 500watts - 1k per woofer Then you would be all set that's what i'm going to do anyone know a good daily box too 6 12s?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.