Sundown Audio

Planet Audio AC4000.1D

95Altima

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is The Planet Audio AC4000.1D Amp Any Good?

• Yes
    • No

I know there is better out there. These would be a temporary solution until I have enough money to get good equipment. I don't want to contradict you but the better brand of sub the longer it will last.

Example: lanzar subs wont last more than a year... dc's would last like forever.

The box I have is 2.5 cubes per sub ported to 35 Hz. It isn't exact but I can bet you its pretty darn close to the subs needs.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

I know there is better out there. These would be a temporary solution until I have enough money to get good equipment. I don't want to contradict you but the better brand of sub the longer it will last.

Example: lanzar subs wont last more than a year... dc's would last like forever.

The box I have is 2.5 cubes per sub ported to 35 Hz. It isn't exact but I can bet you its pretty darn close to the subs needs.

I can kill a DC in 1hour or less, depends on if I clip it or not. I can make a cheapo depot subwoofer last much longer, if I feed it the right amount of clean power. So your logic is flawed.

How much are you paying for each subwoofer? There may be better out there mate.

And do you have the Theile/Small Parameters for your subwoofers of choice? I can't find them, so I doubt it. Without them, you have no idea what their proper enclosure is. You don't know how the subwoofer will react with the enclosure...

Again, not trying to start anything mate, just posting a little information.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Im paying about 55 per sub counting shipping. Im not ganna get mad at you brag. I think I hav a rep bout getting pissed already. You give helpful criticism. Your not like the other people that say its crap like they know everything.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Soon to be two OA18s

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

Yeah man, I try and share what little I know, nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. I can't think of any quality 12" woofer for $55/per, and it sounds like you have the enclosure already made so going with, say, a 2 15 setup or 1 18 setup is out the question. Goodluck with whatever you decide to build, and let us (me especially) know how it goes bro :drinks:

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

yeah that will work don't expect alot from it but it should do decent

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Planet Audio has gone down to the bottom of the food chain. I have seen the AC line of PA and they don't do near rated at all. the AC1500.1 is rated at 1500 watts @ 1Ω but only has 1 30a fuse. that is no where near accurate for that fuse. i use the 10% rule to get a rough estimate of amp power. if an amp is 1 Ω stable and has 3 40a fuses, that's 120a take that 120a multiply by 10 and you get a rough estimate of rms power at is lowest ohm load which would be 1200 watts. this is just a rough estimate as there is plenty more factors as efficiency, volatage, etc... all the PA AC series amps don't do any where near RMS or anything rated. go look at any quality amp and try this and you'll see it's pretty close, some amps require external fusing and this method really wont work so well.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Why don't you just buy the Soundstream DTR1.1700D for $188 or if you're a NY Resident like me I bought Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200 from Audiosavings in Amazon for $151 shipped (I had $40 gift certificate) otherwise I would of went with the SoundStream or the Hifoncis BRZ1700

Cadillac STS 2006

Premium Factory Stereo

Bose 15 speakers 300watts

Factory Navigation

1) Kicker 11VS12L72 (Dual 4ohm wired = final 2 ohm)

1) Hifonics Brz1200.1d

People always want to hit hard bit never want to pay anything. That's why not everyone can make good systems. I quit helping kids install their systems cause they are fucking annoying like this. Want to hit a 150 with a boss 1000w amp and a lanzar sub from the pawn shop. Then they can't figure out why I hit so much harder if they have more "watts" haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Yeah man, I try and share what little I know, nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. I can't think of any quality 12" woofer for $55/per, and it sounds like you have the enclosure already made so going with, say, a 2 15 setup or 1 18 setup is out the question. Goodluck with whatever you decide to build, and let us (me especially) know how it goes bro :drinks:

I just got the first two planet audio subs. The manual has all the specs so I can build an accurate box. Im running two of them in just the flat pack boxes from best buy giving 900 rms and they hit hard. They hit harder than my old Rockford Fosgates. It says the fq response is 12-350. I know that its bs. I think its more like 20-500. They are some damn good $50 subwoofers. And as a added bonus they look sick.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Soon to be two OA18s

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

Archived