SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

So is the Warhorse even 1 ohm stable? It's rated 10k @ 2 ohms. With the two D1 subs, you'll be at 1 ohm or 4 ohms, obviously, and I've heard Kicker amps don't like 1 ohm. I have no personal experience with them, though, so that may not be the case.

So is the Warhorse even 1 ohm stable? It's rated 10k @ 2 ohms. With the two D1 subs, you'll be at 1 ohm or 4 ohms, obviously, and I've heard Kicker amps don't like 1 ohm. I have no personal experience with them, though, so that may not be the case.

The warhorse is only 2 ohm stable. But it is not like a traditional monoblock amp. Instead of having 1 set of +- speaker outputs it runs your subs by separate coils. Basically there is one output for coil 1 and 1 output for coil 2. I will explain this better once I start pull the amp out of the truck and can get some better more detailed pictures.

Here is your typical wiring for 2 d4 ohm subs. Options for standard amps are 1 and 4 ohms but the way the warhorse works you have to wire each coil as a single voice coil sub. My current setup of 2 Solo X 18s are d4s wired at 2 ohm.

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Now here is a diagram for 2 single voice coil dual 4s wired in series. The only difference in d4s and the D1s that I have ordered is that I will have to wire them in series to obtain the 2ohm load that is needed for the Warhorse.

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

yeah im very curious on how that wiring works, thats not conventional....gonna be basty though..good chit

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

love that box

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

yeah im very curious on how that wiring works, thats not conventional....gonna be basty though..good chit

Once the subs get here I will post up some pics of the wiring and the final ohm load on each side so hopefully it will make a bit more sense. Trust me if it werent for Kickers great tech support I would have never figured that thing out.

SSaudio

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

looks damn sick. nice work on the box.

Thanks hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.

IH8PunkRok

Posted Today, 12:44 AM

love that box

Thanks

Random question...can someone tell me how to reply to multiple posts in one reply.

Archived