Sonic Electronix

How many Db's does to take to be fatal to a human?

i had a van doing 164.9 (highest score it did) and I sat in it a few times... it definitely tickled, but it was for burps on spl.... not constant like that...

the car I had... (an extreme vehicle) would do 171.3dB (loudest on linear X meter)... during testing the meter kept falling off the windshield, so I "THOUGHT" I could sit in there and hold the meter for a second or two and be ok... I was wrong... I rolled the volume up until my body just couldn't take it (I had earphones on)... I have NEVER felt anything like that in my life... When I slowly climbed out of the car, the guy on the outside said, "that had to hurt, it sounded violent out here"... then when I looked up he said "Dude! Your nose is BLEEDING!!!".

I only got a 168.2 out of it before I stopped... again, that was a burp (rolled in) and not for 30 seconds... so I can only imagine how this guy feels... I did spend some time in the bathroom afterwards as well.

Bottom line... I don't think it's healthy do EVER do this.

Kids, Don't try this at home!!!! lol

i had a van doing 164.9 (highest score it did) and I sat in it a few times... it definitely tickled, but it was for burps on spl.... not constant like that...

the car I had... (an extreme vehicle) would do 171.3dB (loudest on linear X meter)... during testing the meter kept falling off the windshield, so I "THOUGHT" I could sit in there and hold the meter for a second or two and be ok... I was wrong... I rolled the volume up until my body just couldn't take it (I had earphones on)... I have NEVER felt anything like that in my life... When I slowly climbed out of the car, the guy on the outside said, "that had to hurt, it sounded violent out here"... then when I looked up he said "Dude! Your nose is BLEEDING!!!".

I only got a 168.2 out of it before I stopped... again, that was a burp (rolled in) and not for 30 seconds... so I can only imagine how this guy feels... I did spend some time in the bathroom afterwards as well.

Bottom line... I don't think it's healthy do EVER do this.

Kids, Don't try this at home!!!! lol

pics or vids?

sorry no vid or pics guys on that one... it was just two of us there, we had not cam or vid (this was in 2003) as it wasn't for fun... it was for testing for a show the next day. I scored a 171.3 the next day at a show.

so go ahead with your "no pics or vid... it didn't happen" quotes... there i said it for you...lol... but trust me it was real. I can tell you exlax has nothing on that. :)

sorry no vid or pics guys on that one... it was just two of us there, we had not cam or vid (this was in 2003) as it wasn't for fun... it was for testing for a show the next day. I scored a 171.3 the next day at a show.

so go ahead with your "no pics or vid... it didn't happen" quotes... there i said it for you...lol... but trust me it was real. I can tell you exlax has nothing on that. :)

2003? I didnt know there were subs at that time that could do that much damage, what subs and how many were they?

Archived