Sonic Electronix

alright guys i have a couple questions for ya. i have a 99 tacoma and i started building a system a few months back and i thought i completed it until i found out my alternator just didnt cut it. so far i have 1 (fi bl 12) with a fosgate t1000bd but anyways what size alternator should i get? i have no clue how amps convert to volts. but right now i belive my yoda has a 80 amp alt. and the voltage drops down to 11 volts!!! which isnt good for my amp and battery from what i heard. also i plan on getting another bl 12 in the future and ive been looking at the audioque 3500, heard good things about audioque so what are your guys imput on them.

thanks

That's surprising that your alt can't handle that amp. Definitely get your electrical sorted out. Also AQ makes nice amps. I have heard good things about them, there also is a few people specifically using the 3500 s maybe they will put their 2 cents in.

Good luck.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

do you have any electrical upgrades to your whip? with just 1000 watts, you could get away with a nice battery near the amp.. but if you plan on upgrading the amp and adding another sub as well, id say maybe a 180 amp alt, or 200. maybe an XS 3100 under the hood would suffice. im not too knowledgable on XS batteries but the 3100 seems beastly and can get the job done

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

its called "ohms law". amperage x voltage = wattage. so if you have 1000w and the amp is 70% efficient: 1000/14 = 71.4/.70 = 102. so your amp needs 102amps to play full tilt. make sense?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I love my iraggi will always use them as long as their available and Dom is making them.

Try calling them but good luck his customer service is severely lacking. He's retooling and working behind the scenes, causing problems with customers.

Give DC Power or mechman a call if Iraggi is unavailable.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

That's surprising that your alt can't handle that amp. Definitely get your electrical sorted out. Also AQ makes nice amps. I have heard good things about them, there also is a few people specifically using the 3500 s maybe they will put their 2 cents in.

Good luck.

i think you and the OP might need to do a little bit more research. first things first, i believe the tacomas came with a 70 amp alternator. even if you wanted to magically assume he was able to actually pull 100% from the alternator, 70 amps is really not that much and no wonder why his voltage would drop.

the AQ3500 is an awesome amp, i have loved it, and plan on using it in the next build, but if your truck can not even supply the current draw for a T1000 do you really think youre ready to use that much of a larger amp? big amps arent as everyone likes to think they are.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i think you and the OP might need to do a little bit more research. first things first, i believe the tacomas came with a 70 amp alternator. even if you wanted to magically assume he was able to actually pull 100% from the alternator, 70 amps is really not that much and no wonder why his voltage would drop.

the AQ3500 is an awesome amp, i have loved it, and plan on using it in the next build, but if your truck can not even supply the current draw for a T1000 do you really think youre ready to use that much of a larger amp? big amps arent as everyone likes to think they are.

lol no way im i readyy for a 3500!! but as of now i was looking for the best alt that can hang with my t1000 and even the AQ3500 when i decide to upgrade in the future. now my question is if i get a big alt like 220 amp would that over charge my battery? or even blow fuses in my truck? i really dont know much about H/O alts