Sonic Electronix

Objective & unbiased recommendation requested

Truth be told, I would do the Audison power, and either Morel, or the Seas Lotus , and also there is still the w7.. ( As much as they are WAY over priced, they are super clean....)

I like Morel alot, but they are a little harder to find....

Seas makes good stuff, everything I have heard of theirs was damn nice sounding.....

JL well it's JL.....

I've actually been leaning towards Audison ever since my installer said he never heard of them or Hertz and he got that opinion from his supplier. I have never heard of Morel or Seas but I'm also not narrowminded to dismis them. Thanks tatt2guy

some of you should not give advice ever. With this being a show car how often does it even get played? I would ditch the clean sweep if you are stuck on a stock head. Get an audison bit one. get James Audison amps from here and then get your hands on some hertz components and possibly woofers.

It's ironic you should mention the Bit One because a shop in Indianapolis (Xtreme Vehicle Designs) highly recommended the Bit One.

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/audison-bit-one-processor

I dunno, I think my suggestions are pretty solid. Even with his install, the Polk SR would look damn nice in it. Doesn't need crazy power, and is one of the better subs on the market for sq at a reasonable price.

Already bought James Audison LRx 2.9 and installed yesterday. I guess I'm now a so-called "fanboy" of Audison. Hope to stay with Audison for some time. SQ is definitely there and a real clean looking amp.

James is still selling his Audison LRx 1.1k for I believe $475 shipped. Retails for around $900. Being used by him, it probably might as well as be listed as brand new.

Good luck, and nice looking setup.

james has some audioson amps for sale here and even tho i have fi i hear good things about dc and aa

Outstanding recommendation and advice from everyone. I will look into everything and make an informed decision. How do I get in contact with James? Thanks everyone!

Send him a PM about "Audison LRx amps". His member name is also James so just type that in the member name spot.

Or go to the For Sale section. He has them for sale in their under the title "Audison LRx amps". It should be on the first or second page.

James is a great guy to deal with and answers all questions in a nice time frame.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

i used to be hella easy to find as i had post whored the whole board. but if looking for me now most of the regulars got my phone number...and my user name is ...JAMEs lol

i still have the audison 1.1k i'd probably do 425 shipped for it

also have 2 bnib hertz hi energy 10s d4 im selling that i havent used yet, bought 4 because i thought id want more output and ended up ok with 2. just pm me if you have any interest.

as far as your original delimna...re subs in an audiophile build are FTL, reliability is a joke and sound is lacking compared to the woofers that are made for the purpose.

also Arc audio amps ...not bad amps ks series are china amps but still do thier job, SE amps are awesome imo.

in order to get an amp in arcs lineup that stacks up to a LRX you need SE series though.

also Class AB LRX 1.1k on 2 hi energy subs = CLEAN warm sound.

rather then class d (H arc calls it) wattage on re china woofers

i used to be hella easy to find as i had post whored the whole board. but if looking for me now most of the regulars got my phone number...and my user name is ...JAMEs lol

i still have the audison 1.1k i'd probably do 425 shipped for it

also have 2 bnib hertz hi energy 10s d4 im selling that i havent used yet, bought 4 because i thought id want more output and ended up ok with 2. just pm me if you have any interest.

as far as your original delimna...re subs in an audiophile build are FTL, reliability is a joke and sound is lacking compared to the woofers that are made for the purpose.

also Arc audio amps ...not bad amps ks series are china amps but still do thier job, SE amps are awesome imo.

in order to get an amp in arcs lineup that stacks up to a LRX you need SE series though.

also Class AB LRX 1.1k on 2 hi energy subs = CLEAN warm sound.

rather then class d (H arc calls it) wattage on re china woofers

The guy who installed my Focals did say that only the entry level RE subs were made in China. I am considering the LRX 5.1k and either the Hertz ML3000, 2500 or HX250. I will be in touch. Thanks pal.

You want clean bass ? You need an SSA Icon for sure, or a Fi Q, on 1000 w rms. Ported (at 30-32 Hz) or sealed, you'll love it !

icon>re IMHO.

The Audison lrx are awesome : you seem to have some good deals with James, don't wait !popcorn.gif

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Focal used to sell their speakers with Audison amps in the past, before they make their own little amps.

all Focal dealers were audison dealers too !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

The guy who installed my Focals did say that only the entry level RE subs were made in China. I am considering the LRX 5.1k and either the Hertz ML3000, 2500 or HX250. I will be in touch. Thanks pal.

either your salesman is trying to make a sale, or your salesman is misinformed.