Good car for $3000? 2000 Bonneville SSEI....

thats pretty high mileage for that kinda cash IMO. But the 3.8L GM motors are very good motors.

WEll I agree, which is why Im hoping I can get it to around $3000.. The series 2 3.8s and superchargers ( Ive heard ) are very good, But I do see a new SC or motor coming within about $50,000 miles , BUT as long as the body and interior is in good condition and clean , I wouldnt mind dumping 4k into the motor and S/C.. The gas gauge not working, What would that be ? The gauge itself, wiring, fuse or something deeper?

If it seems like to much work Ill look elsewhere, but THIS really has my Attn.. Im gonna make an offer for 11k, which is just below Private party good condition

http://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/1922748176.html

It's a bit high, but who knows it could be worth it. My Grand Prix had about 130k on it and we got it for 3500 from the dealer. Negotiate him a bit, maybe trade stuff you dont use and he could be looking for?

No fanboy here, but the reliability on the Pontiac's has definitely impressed me. My dad's Grand Prix is still going strong, mines working great, my friend's Sunfire took so much punishment before he sold it, and it still worked great (just needed a fuel pump). Our neighbor still uses their Montana after like 11 or 12 years.

POTATO!

the 3.8 motors are solid as long as they have been maintaned. but the superchargers on those are notorious for going bad. the bearings in them wear out. you can get one usually pretty cheap from a junk yard to replace it thow. the transmissions, same thing. if they are taken care of and get the fluid changed when it should be they last pretty good. but the price is a tad high. you could get one of those for abut $2k around here in great condition. and the gas gauge could be a bad gauge, bad sending unit in the gas tank, or a bad ground on the sending unit. could be a pain in the ass the trace down.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

DUDE DONT!

My sister has this exact same car and i am working on the damn thing every other week!

They are prone to problems, a boat on wheels, and the gas mileage is not something to be happy about ( Just a little bit better then my jeep )

3.8s are good motors,157k miles aitn that bad and people in MN tend to charge more for cars the further away from the cites ya go. if you can id suggest looking around the st paul area too, if your not totally set on this car. ive found better deals around that way in the past and have seen over priced cars since ive been living in northern MN area FTL lol

well the Bonneville sold :( It was such a nice car too , I was 30 minutes to late.. Oh well , everything happens for a reason.. Now back to practicality .. What do you guys think of cars with salvaged titles? I think im back to wanting a honda, or something economical, as well as nice looking..

http://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/1953071734.html