Sonic Electronix

Im looking to buy a 4,000watt rms Amp, Now the thing is anywhere i've asked, they've said before u even get the amp, sort out your electrix.

Basically even with only 1,500rms my headlights are flickering like mad, on Late Nite Tip the either one of the amps cut out.

So if i was to buy a Hifonics coloussus 3200rms and say bumping it, what kind of damage would that cause to the amp, if i didnt sort out my power first?

Thanks

yea youll burn a power supply or a mosfet or transistors. i know from my damn memphis 16-st1000D volts dropped to around 9 volts and BOOM, smoke

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

x7. lol. electrical first man.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

for that much wattage your going to want a new alty with 0ga big3, a strong battery under the hood, and another in the back just to name a few O_o but its allllll worth it if you can afford it :)

I cant get an ALT, Simply because i've been told by people down here that the ALT's that i need will be too big and i cant fit it in. (in uk we have tiny toy cars, man i'd love to have a SUV) lol

Any how, im going to need a Strong Battery at front, and One in the back, Would this handle it?

yea also i'll do the big 3.

dwright, did your memphis amp not go into protection for the severe voltage drop?

And good call on the clipped signal input BigOso

Baylor University

Accounting

Oh, a Londoner LOL, im up in Leeds,

x2 on the UK cars bein smalll!! majoroty of our streets r only half as wide as most in the US.!! ok well, get 2 maybe 3 yellow tops n try2make sure u dont drain them too badly and u should b fine!!

edit: the amp/s would b turning off most likely cos of voltage drops,,back in the day i used to hav an old school polo, u know, the shed types? anyway, 2 amps = voltage drops.. voltage drops = cut out... but it never damaged the amps,. tho im not sure if THEY went into protect or not!

Edited by Quin