Sundown Audio

2 channel amp for 4 speakers

kickass audio

Ok, so heres the deal. My current amp (precision power pc2350) is a 2 channel amp with a variable high/low pass crossover. Its rated for 350 watts rms per channel on a 4 ohm load, 700 watts rms on a 2 ohm load per channel, and of course how i have it wired now; 1400 watts on a 4-8 ohm bridge. since i love how this beast sounds on my woofer i decided to hook it up to some component speakers and it sounds MINT!! but i was thinking of doing this, instead of me buying an entire new amp that is 4 channel for my mids and highs i wanted to use this amp since it can me modded with the flick of a button for high pass on the amp. I personally dont think how this would be bad at all to do because to be honest im not using surround sound in my car or anything like that where i need the rear to act as a surround channel like my home theater system. But heres how i was thinking to setup my amps and speakers:

1 precision power pc2350 2 channel amp wired to 4 ohms per channel (350 watts rms)

rear speakers: Kicker KS 6x9"s 3 way speakers (model ks6930, 100 watts rms)

Front door speakers: Kicker 5.25" KS component set with crossovers and tweeters (model ks50.2, 65 watts rms)

1 Audioque AQ3300d.1 amp for the woofer

1 12" Kicker SoloX woofer (2500 rms)

Since the combined rms of the mids and highs is only 165 watts and the amp can put 350 rms on 4 ohms do you think that this would be feasible? I have heard several people on here saying that by using a big ass amp for small speakers that you can blow them but i can prove them wrong from past experience but i want to see what everyone says about this. (NOTE: i do plan to use this setup for my car and when i get my next vehicle im going to throw even more speakers in and possibly learn how to custom fab door panels and really get up to the 350 watt rms range of my amp) but let me know what you think whether it be good or bad, i want to know!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I dont its a bad idea as long as you keep the amp turned down. Those speakers will sing pretty loud haha :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

haha, yupp. the only trouble i will face is getting the amp turned down enough to not blow those speakers. i dont have a clamp meter to see how much current its pulling to accomplish its power rating so its damn near impossible at the time being unless i find a guy with one.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Most likely just ask around on here, im pretty sure someone in your area on here has one they would help set up for you.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

yea, the only place that has one is where i can blow $300 at home depot on one. for o-scopes there is a place near me who let me use it to tune my amp which was nice

bump for some more suggestions on a amp for my mids and highs.

not enough power. again i need to get 100 rms per side for the rear and 65 rms per side for the front.

$500 is kinda over what im looking. im thinking like $400 tops for an amp to get the mids and highs. but i may just use my long ass amp i have now for that. it looks sleek and everybody who looks at my install loves it.