friend just told me something about wiring the second battery

Alright so I told my bud I was throwing a new battery in the trunk, he asked how I was gonna do it I said gonna run 2 4 gauges from the front battery to the back battery. he then said that doing that would make my batteries 24v and would totally kill my alternator/batteries and stuff like that. Now I don't really think I believe him(even though I learned a lot about car audio because of him). is what he's saying have credibility or should I just go ahead and wire up the battery?

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Guest DC Power Kyle

Only if you hook the front battery positive to the back battery negative and the front battery negative to the back battery positive. Then you're wiring in series which doubles amperage. wiring pos to pos and neg to neg is parallel and adds to capacity while staying at 12v

Only if you hook the front battery positive to the back battery negative and the front battery negative to the back battery positive. Then you're wiring in series which doubles amperage. wiring pos to pos and neg to neg is parallel and adds to capacity while staying at 12v

You mean doubles voltage, amperage remains the same. Parallel doubles the amperage rating. Of course you knew this I'm just pointing it out for others that may not know any better :D

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived