Second Skin Audio

Truth behind DD/AQ subs?

ChampN252

I heard a lot at CA.com that DD/AQ subs sound hollow and weird. I've heard DD subs before, but I can't really remember how they sound because it was so freaking loud. BTW, 2 9500s on 6K walled. Do they really sound weird or lack punch or something? G-Monk said they got loud, but didn't have the crack yo skull type bass or pressure or something (by no means am I put words in him mouth, that's my dude).

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

thats exactly why i keep CA to a bare minimum. only when shopping for deals or good bargains. have heard a couple DDs, never my own installs, and they were always legit. ive owned an SD and a HD and loved both.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I heard a lot at CA.com that DD/AQ subs sound hollow and weird. I've heard DD subs before, but I can't really remember how they sound because it was so freaking loud. BTW, 2 9500s on 6K walled. Do they really sound weird or lack punch or something? G-Monk said they got loud, but didn't have the crack yo skull type bass or pressure or something (by no means am I put words in him mouth, that's my dude).

The only people that ever say that are people that have never heard them in a proper enclosure. They can create the same type of crack your skull pressure that any other sub can

TDH FTW !!!

I think they sound good

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

i agree ,wrong enclosure,with the right one they are very loud and bassey,i had two 3512s at 29 hertz spl wise they weren't that loud but it felt like the doors were going to blow off the truck and you could feel it in your chest

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components

152.8 db drag

street c

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

//www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

I have never experienced more violent bass than what a DD 95 series sub produces. People who knock it... well, they're hating on it because it's the best, as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: People say DDs are just SPL subs but if you look at one that's not exactly true. They use high motor force and very low moving mass to maintain loads of control over the cone - if you want SPL, they'll give you SPL, if you want SQ, and put them in an SQ-aligned box, you'll get SQ.

I think the problem a lot of people have with them is that they're just so damn loud that half the car is rattling apart :peepwall:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i think he and some others misinterpreted what was mentioned in the thread. it was started to basically say DDs have a whole different sound to them, not sayin they suck or they do in a bad way, but in a good way. twisted started up that thread. and we know how much hed suck a DDs cock if they came with one lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived