Head unit w/ or w/o EQ?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a pretty simply head unit just to play AM/FM/CD/Ipod and was wondering if buying a head unit with a built-in EQ is a better idea than one without an EQ and just buying a separate EQ. Also, I'm looking for something on the cheap, so any suggestions are welcome. thanks

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Kenwood mp345u is a good choice for a budget headunit. However it only has two sets of preouts but if you get a seperate eq that won't matter. I'd recommend seperate eq because it will send a cleaner and stronger signal

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Kenwood mp345u is a good choice for a budget headunit. However it only has two sets of preouts but if you get a seperate eq that won't matter. I'd recommend seperate eq because it will send a cleaner and stronger signal

okay thanks. What eq would you suggest that's simple, cheap, and straight-forward? also, what non-eq head unit would you suggest for a mild build? thanks

every HU should have an EQ. however, a lot of them suck. an external eq should have several more bands. the more bands, the better. you have to find out if you want a parametric or graphic eq.

how much do you want to spend?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think a parametric would be fine for me, I'm not planning on too crazy of a build. I want to spend as little as i can for the HU EQ setup without sacrificing too much quality, so about $150-300 would be in my range

Archived