Sonic Electronix

Switching head units in a oldcar?

Someone left me a 300 SDL-Turbo Mercedes without even telling me but they're paying me. I took out the stock head unit and looked at the connections and its different than anything I've ever seen(Picture below).

091900141500.jpg

091900145200.jpg

Also, I found the yellow, red, and ground wire(black).

091900150200.jpg

and of course these are the new head unit connections:

091900141600.jpg

How would I connect this head unit to this car? I've looked online for adapters but I have yet to find anything. Do I need to strip these wires and connect them with the corresponding? Please help out.

If this helps out any:

754%20back%20panel%20connections%20altered.JPG

Edited by Ceballo

I hate people that cut factory wires. It makes it near impossible to return the vehicle back to stock unless the factory wires are left someplace safe and have enough wire to reattach them, which is almost never the case.

Id talk to the owner of the vehicle first and ask them if it is ok or if they mind you cutting factory radio wires..

Otherwise Id scotchlok the new radio harness into the factory harness and electical tap the ends of the factory wires.

holy crap man

how old is this car?

no info on even wire colors out there?

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

ill try to help

do you have the main wires figures out? power, ground, turn on(yellow) lol aslong as u have those then you can then figure out the speaker wires, maybe run new speaker wires. but def never seen wires for a stereo like the one in the pic u posted

ill try to help

do you have the main wires figures out? power, ground, turn on(yellow) lol aslong as u have those then you can then figure out the speaker wires, maybe run new speaker wires. but def never seen wires for a stereo like the one in the pic u posted

I found a wireharness,I believe this is for the speakers.

091900145200.jpg

http://www.beckerautosound.com/Service.html

go there. pick your year, model, then "Back Panel Connections" until you find a pic that matches your radio.

That would at least help you fingure out the + & -. From what I remember, most/all MB cars have factory amps, so you may be better off just running new speaker wires. Also, depending on the year, they used a 2 piece radio, one in the dash, one in the trunk. Never knew why lol, just throwing it out there.

what year is this car? sorry if i missed it

how many wires do you have coming out the back of that?

run a DMM to then and see if you get anything

if not then they are probably speaker outputs depending on how many pairs of wires you got you could always do the battery phase trick to see if you can hear one of the speakers click

and do you got a picture of the back side of the radio?

are you doing this for a pal? or are you out of like a shop or soemthing?

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

what year is this car? sorry if i missed it

how many wires do you have coming out the back of that?

run a DMM to then and see if you get anything

if not then they are probably speaker outputs depending on how many pairs of wires you got you could always do the battery phase trick to see if you can hear one of the speakers click

and do you got a picture of the back side of the radio?

are you doing this for a pal? or are you out of like a shop or soemthing?

ty

For a pal, look at the new picture of the wires I found. I found the ground and memory I believe, because the other harness looks like speaker wires. Also, the car is a 1986 model :o holy crap

Edited by Ceballo

I would just run all new wires power to ignition constant to the fuse block and ground to metal pop out one speaker to see the color of the wires then find the harness with the same color you should have it set worst case run new speaker wire as well

Then the stock harness is un touched and anybody can now put an after market deck in

Have you ever had your woofers blown?