how much power is enough ?

ok so i know its not uncommon to run big systems with not enough power, or its not uncommon to see rather. so how much power IS enough ? i dont want to starve my setup or just barely squeese buy , but i dont want to overkill it ether. so whats the formula to determine how many alts. (if i need more than 1) how many batts. if any extra , how many supply amps the alts have to be to run efficent ? i am installing (4) soundstream xxx6500's so i dont need anything to crazy ie : SMD's charging system or JP's quad setup but i want to have the power i NEED . thanks in advance for any help. take care guys !

ok so i know its not uncommon to run big systems with not enough power, or its not uncommon to see rather. so how much power IS enough ? i dont want to starve my setup or just barely squeese buy , but i dont want to overkill it ether. so whats the formula to determine how many alts. (if i need more than 1) how many batts. if any extra , how many supply amps the alts have to be to run efficent ? i am installing (4) soundstream xxx6500's so i dont need anything to crazy ie : SMD's charging system or JP's quad setup but i want to have the power i NEED . thanks in advance for any help. take care guys !

All I know is Watts = Amps x Volts, but I don't know how to stack the charge from multiple 12v batteries.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

You might need 2 300amp alts and a big battery bank such as 7-12 batteries. Remember people on this site like to go overkill on there electrical system.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

whats funny is you mention xxx6500ds. And nothing too crazy. Well Those amps are current hungry. You will need it .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

GEEZE ! that many batterys ?! i didnt think it would take that much . thanks dub7 for that formula i think ill mess with it and try to comee up with something ..

i sent dom an email from irragi and see what he reccommends , but i was just curious on how to figure this out for myself . (if i just keep asking for the answers how will i learn anything) might be a stupid question but are so "many" batterys needed? i kinda was thinking with the alt upgrades 1/amp would have done the trick .. then again ive never ran more than 3 amps and even then i only had 2 aux. batts.

Im not sure where you got 15K from, but the XXX6500D's do 6500watts @ 1 ohm, so 4 @ 1 ohm = 26,000. So, @ 14Volts you're looking at approximately 1850 amps of current draw...

Dom has been MIA, hence why Steve Meade, is now using Mechman alts. Shoot them a PM or Email, you have a better chance of seeing God than getting a reply back from Dom...

ok will do on the PM & holy %^@* . 1850 amps of draw ?! so i need 2K + amps on demand ?

GEEZE ! that many batterys ?! i didnt think it would take that much . thanks dub7 for that formula i think ill mess with it and try to comee up with something ..

i sent dom an email from irragi and see what he reccommends , but i was just curious on how to figure this out for myself . (if i just keep asking for the answers how will i learn anything) might be a stupid question but are so "many" batterys needed? i kinda was thinking with the alt upgrades 1/amp would have done the trick .. then again ive never ran more than 3 amps and even then i only had 2 aux. batts.

Hate to thread jack but could anyone answer my round about question? If watts = Amps x Volts, what if i'm running 3 12v batteries? Even though there's 3x 12v batteries, that wouldn't make my equation 85ax36v = 3060w would it?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD