Where to run 1/0 Power Cable on a 04 Tahoe?

Mounting the amps under the rear seat and wondering how and wheres the best place to run it?  Also Steve if you could give me some Pictures on how you ran yours that would be great.  I'm trying to decide to either run it under the the vehicle along the frame rail and come up through the floorboard or go through the fire wall and run the wire under the carpet. I'm concerned if I run it under the carpet it will not let the carpet lay right and you'll see a bulge where the cable is under the carpet. I've looked at all of you install pictures and they have been a pig help but I didn't see where and how you ran the power wire on yours. Thanks! Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Any1? Also wondering what type of soldering Iron or torch you use to solder 1/0. I have a 40 watt Weller soldering station but it has the small  1/4" tip.  I’m going to put a large tip on it but I wondered if that would work? Thanks! Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

I think Steve went underneath, but my suggestion would be to look under the carpet first. Usually you can just follow along the factory wiring. There will be places under the carpet or sills to run power cable and not have it visible. As far as soldering I use a mini torch. You can pick them up at home depot for around $20.

run it on the side that your battery is located on, you have an 04 tahoe so your battery is located on the left so run your 1/0 gauge on the left through the carpet and rcas on the right side of truck.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

interesting... im going to have to look at all that for me... but at least i wont have to run all kinds of wires just pos :^

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived