Best Grahpics Card

Yeah, title says it all.. Just looking for the best graphics card for under $125 that has Pixel Shader 3.0 or higher.

AMD/ATI preferred.

Also, could somebody direct me to a legit site that sells computer parts for cheap. Don't really know much about this kinda of stuff.

Another question, can I buy any graphics card and install it into my computer without problems?

I have a Dell XPS 400.

Edited by S Dime 420

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

would be a nice card. It's a little over your budget but I would spend the extra $15.00 on it.

ATI cards have alway's treated me great in about the 15 computers that I have built.

newegg.com is a great site to use for buying computer parts. There CS is amazing and prices are generally very good.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

Yeah, title says it all.. Just looking for the best graphics card for under $125 that has Pixel Shader 3.0 or higher.

AMD/ATI preferred.

Also, could somebody direct me to a legit site that sells computer parts for cheap. Don't really know much about this kinda of stuff.

Another question, can I buy any graphics card and install it into my computer without problems?

I have a Dell XPS 400.

with the xps 400 you'll have no problem using an amd/ati card. the problem your going to run into is, it only comes with a 375 watt power supply. which is very small. simply put if you put in a big graphics card your not going to have the power to run it. like having an smd on 3500 watts on stock alt, alt wont last long. if you put a smaller graphics card you might be able to make it without burning up you power supply.

computer stores to use would be newegg.com or tigerdirect.com

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png

If you like me, just wanted to get a decent graphics card, without buying a new power supply. I went with the Nvidia Gt 220. Only needs a minimum of 300w.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

If you like me, just wanted to get a decent graphics card, without buying a new power supply. I went with the Nvidia Gt 220. Only needs a minimum of 300w.

I hate to say it but you made a mistake here. That 5770 that dstortz linked would have been amazing and thats an insanely good price.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I hate to say it but you made a mistake here. That 5770 that dstortz linked would have been amazing and thats an insanely good price.

I didnt get hurt one bit, i only paid 50 bucks for it, still works fine after 2 years, will get me buy till i build me a gaming computer. I was able to play crysis on all settings on high with a 1768x992 with a average of 28-36 fps. Just wanted to test it, never really play to many games.Forgot to add, AA was on x4

Edited by Socky

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

the only problem with nvidia is they get REALY hot real fast, and they use a lot more power than ati.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5660536&Sku=A271-5774

same as the 5770 posted above just with a bit better of a price and a nicer case in my opinion. but these graphics cards require 450 watt power supply.

just noticed on tigerdirect if you pay with paypal there giving an additional 10 bucks off on orders over 100 bucks so even less for that 5770. cant beat it for 119.99.

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

would be a nice card. It's a little over your budget but I would spend the extra $15.00 on it.

ATI cards have alway's treated me great in about the 15 computers that I have built.

newegg.com is a great site to use for buying computer parts. There CS is amazing and prices are generally very good.

D

Think I might go with this one. :)

Also, where can I get a decent PSU for cheap of course? :) One that's at least powerful enough to run the card.

Or this one.. Might go with this one since it's cheaper.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5660536&Sku=A271-5774

Edited by S Dime 420

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371004

This one would do the job for ya.

just like car audio, power is the most important thing. If you run to much off not enough power you will be buying / building a new computer. Just had a customer that didnt listen to me and put a big G-Card in and sound card, and came in today with a burnt mother board.

Antec is another company that I will alway's use cause of there products. Alway's have had great luck with them.

Hope this helps.

D

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371004

This one would do the job for ya.

just like car audio, power is the most important thing. If you run to much off not enough power you will be buying / building a new computer. Just had a customer that didnt listen to me and put a big G-Card in and sound card, and came in today with a burnt mother board.

Antec is another company that I will alway's use cause of there products. Alway's have had great luck with them.

Hope this helps.

D

Only $60? What could I get for $150? :o