Second Skin Audio

18" surround..

So uhh... I was just wondering how much it would be to get a new surround to put on my 18" bl, was letting a friend screw it onto the box, this was the first day i had it, and the retard put the drillbit through the surround, not a huge hole, but it's brand new, would rather not have it look bad with silicone and I'm pretty sure he'll pay for it. so just give me some links on where to get one or if you have any other suggestions let me know, thanks :D

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Silicone it from the inside and be done with it. Sooner or later you are bound to need a recone so deal with it then. That's what I would do anyways...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

alright cool

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

that super flexible house silicone stuff works great.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

yeah, i used it once on my type r 12, but i wasn't sure if it would hold as well because of the fact that this is taking 2k rms daily..

Build in Progress

Thanks Torres, btw what part of northern ky you live in? and last time i went to look for silicon all i could find is white(wasn't looking that hard) but it's pretty noticeable :drink40:

Build in Progress

a nother thing that works good is auto gasket sealer like rtv . it comes in black and its flexible. you can get it at walmart kmart target autozone advanced auto its like 1.50 to 3 a tube

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"

voodoo fuse and distribution blocks

Voodoo Power Wire

Voodoo RCA Leads

sub has been fixed.. works just like it did before, thanks.

Build in Progress