holy corrosion batman!

no picture. but I went to get my new setup done today. peaked at the battery under the hood. and It was like snow. The negative terminal was completely white. what should I do here? it is so corroded that the terminal and the negative post itself are almost fused together. Doesn't look safe. I have a xs power d925, should I just drop the stock battery in the hood and replace it w/ the d925? it says the xs d925 "Can be used as the main battery and still provide power for amplifiers up to 1000 watts!"

so what should I do here?

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

You should get a second battery, its a daily right? If so you should base your bass of the alternator amperage not whatever battery you have. If your setup pulls more power than your alt puts out then it will drain the battery. Causing a lot of bad things.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

sorry if it wasn't clear. the battery under the hood is the stock battery, I was gonna wire up the d925 in the trunk today but the negative post on the stock battery scared me enough to not do anything lol

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the corrosion caused from the different types of metal having current going through them?

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

get a new or second battery and your avatar makes me hard:)

i dont think we needed to know that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sorry if it wasn't clear. the battery under the hood is the stock battery, I was gonna wire up the d925 in the trunk today but the negative post on the stock battery scared me enough to not do anything lol

Nah its typical sometimes. Just clean it off with some chemical from an autoparts store hose it down and youll be fine. Just be sure to cover it with grease when your done so it doesn't happen again. If the terminal fails (for some odd reason) then ehh your out 4 dollars for a new one.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the corrosion caused from the different types of metal having current going through them?

That and several other reasons.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

baking soda and water will clean it off with no problem.

EDIT: If you want to keep that battery and add a second one for the time being glue a copper penny to the battery between the positive and negative posts to keep from getting corrosion.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2