Jump to content

My go at a SMD Animated Intro.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright so lets start off with a little background information on me. I've grown up with subs and amps in every vehicle my family has owned my father had 2x8" Kenwoods when i was like 8 then when i was 11 2x8 pioneers then when i was 14 he had 2x10 pioneers which he still has today. My male cousins have all had Subs as well one has 2x Pioneer shallows while the other one had a 12 Audiobahn. AND MY FEMALE COUSIN had 2x10 pioneers ^_^. needless to say my life has been immersed by music, from my fathers disco to my cousins rap/hip-hop/raggaeton and alternative(female cousin^_^).

Now I've been dreaming of the day that i myself received my own vehicle that i got the chance to add my own system. 3 years ago at the age of 16 i bought a pair of L7s from a family friend for $100, Brand new.(no not stolen) Now at the time, i didn't have car. so they sat in my garage where i would go out and stare at them every now and then and dream of the day i would be able to put them in a car of my own. As of right now I've been given my fathers 1996 Tahoe which i far from mind as a first car because it has a shitload of potential but as I've come to see the car needs a lot of work. I need to upgrade my alternator, replace my 6.5s,tweeters,4x10s,head unit,and add a pair in the rear doors. Eventually i would love to do this but i currently cannot because I'm jobless, go figure ^_^. I've been told my entire teenage life "Its just a phase" or "you'll grow out of it" and honestly.. i don't see that happening. I am a true fan of music, and i don't mean just BASS i mean music as a whole. For example, i listen to Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman - time to say goodbye on my way to college in the mornings because i find the song completely enlightening. Then i pop in some Hard style, or some rap, or some hip-hop, or some Electro-house/trance/techno. I'm an all around fan of music and to say I'm in a phase is an understatement.

As of now, inside the truck i have:

Stock 100amp alt

2x L7 12 @ 2ohm facing up in a small sealed box(what they came in)

Audiobahn 8000t Amp(running at 0.5 ohm somehow)

Pioneer premier head unit(old HU from 04')

Stock 6.5" in front

Stock Tweeters in front

near new 4x10" in back(pioneer i believe)

any who, I'm a college student who cant find a job working with computers.. so when I'm bored.. i do things like this.

(note this is a very low render of what the final project would be)

lowrendersmd.jpg

lowrendersubssmd.jpg

This would be an animated intro sequence, and the sub woofers would respond to bass in music that i choose it to play. Pretty cool stuff to be honest, took me quite a while to figure out and do it. Although it took a lot of work I'm quite satisfied with the work.

Final product would take my computer a WHILE to render, but if i see a positive response to my post I'll probably render it.

let me know your thoughts, and if you read my paragraphs thanks ^_^

Posted

thats pretty damn awesome that most of your family had some bump

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Posted

like it man!

Thanks bud ^_^

wheres the video??? lol

nice work man...

Theres no video because the video takes a while to render, and i have yet to pick a song for the subs to bump to during the intro. any suggestions? ^_^

thats pretty damn awesome that most of your family had some bump

Yea, immersed in music ^_^

Posted

So Fly- Gorilla Zoe :) this is super sexy dude, most def finish it!

I think you should enlarge the speakers and do a more block style font and make the whole D and box and the bottom side a port just like meades!

2005 Chevy Silverado z71 crew cab.

DD2515a 2ohm

Lunar 1500w

JVC head unit

"My beat quakin mirrors shakin"

Posted

Like the bground and like the concept of the vid, id put bass monster to it by psyph and render that bad boy :P

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

Posted

So Fly- Gorilla Zoe :) this is super sexy dude, most def finish it!

I think you should enlarge the speakers and do a more block style font and make the whole D and box and the bottom side a port just like meades!

Actually, i couldnt do a side port because it wouldn't really show up unless i cut through the letter. which is why i did it like that lol. and i would redo... BUT it takes a while ^_^

Like the bground and like the concept of the vid, id put bass monster to it by psyph and render that bad boy :P

Thanks, ill check the song out

Posted

I know it would take a while. Just call it your personal system ;) THIS THING IS FUCKIN SICK!

2005 Chevy Silverado z71 crew cab.

DD2515a 2ohm

Lunar 1500w

JVC head unit

"My beat quakin mirrors shakin"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...