Second Skin Audio

Fiberglass resin

i dunno because i don´t live on the US, i guess home depot sell them?? and my personal rule for burp boxes, is to use a one gallon per 2 cubic foot of box, for daily depends on the size of the box, i have 2 gallons for a 11.5 cubic feet box and worked very nice...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

ok well ill prolly do 3-4 coats but do i apply it on the interior only or exterior too?

i wanna know everything bout this stuff i shuld know.

my system is gunna be daily, and my box is a ported horn hybrid designed by a dude on here who designed another box for x1 15" that did a nice hairtrick on 1k

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

its simple, resin helps, because mdf technically is still slightly porous. So it helps to seal things up especially if a few things, joints, connections etc arent perfect.

its kind of messy and hard to get perfectly smooth. i mean really unless your serious about your numbers or you make alot of mistakes you would be ok w/o resin. its mostly for shit and giggles unless like i said your going to be competing or your craftsmanship is iffy.

and stop bumping. like once a day is ok, if anything ppl will be less likely to help for bumping. patience bro

edit #2: mix resin with hardener as the directions on the back suggest, get a bunch of lil 99c brushes from home depot and paint it on. Inside only, no need to do the outside. depending on the temperature where you are and how you mix it, the stuff will start to get sticky within 15 min, so paint quickly, dont go insane, but just make sure to get a move on. Also BUY GLOVES dont get this stuff anywhere but on your box IT WILL NOT COME OFF. its worse than super glue, so getting it on your clothes, skin hair, car is not ideal. thats all you need to know, stop bumping have fun

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Well, on the outside i wouldn´t waste my money unless it´s a burp box for spl comps, for daily just take care the interior and that´s it!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

its simple, resin helps, because mdf technically is still slightly porous. So it helps to seal things up especially if a few things, joints, connections etc arent perfect.

its kind of messy and hard to get perfectly smooth. i mean really unless your serious about your numbers or you make alot of mistakes you would be ok w/o resin. its mostly for shit and giggles unless like i said your going to be competing or your craftsmanship is iffy.

and stop bumping. like once a day is ok, if anything ppl will be less likely to help for bumping. patience bro

well my design is 10/10 but my build went pretty good too i think imma use 3-4 coats for shits n giggles.

Wheres can i buy some online? and also do i apply it on the interior of the box only or both?

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

you got my answer , and i think 2 gallons for your daily box should be more than enough.

you got my answer , and i think 2 gallons for your daily box should be more than enough.

ok last question? does ne one know a nice deal online for the stuff whats it called? what would i google?

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

Ive said it before and Ill keep saying it...resin alone does nothing for strength. only seals any gaps and makes it airtight. you can get it at either fiberglast.com or uscomposites.com and there are others. if you want strength, you have to start layering in some mat or cloth.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Resin virtually has no strength when using it w/o fiberglass mat or cloth, almost pointless to use w/o it. So doing multiple layers w/o mat or cloth = pointless.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

So when your use resin to do those "ghetto" 45's.. how come the box becomes dumb strong and you cant break it without hammers? not to be a dick, and im sure to an extent ur right. the point in doing this is to seal and smooth which it works amazingly. but i agree with mat/cloth is better but its not exactly POINTLESS

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s