Sonic Electronix

I have a 08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS it has the sun and sound package. I put in Kicker ds 650.2 components in so far (front and back)on the stock amp for now. I plan on doing a Power Acoustik Mofo 15" sub in a ported/vented box. Ill need help with the box as i have never built a ported box before, I've only done sealed. I have no idea how to tune ports/vents Im not sure what I would what to tune the box at either? I've always used 3/4" MDF screws about 2-3 inches apart, 100% silicone the box. I'm looking to move the most air, get some slap goin :). I was thinking maybe POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF-5500/1D for $220.00 wire it at 2 ohms 2300 watts. Any suggestions on the amp/box would be great.. Im looking to stay at that price roughly. Also do I need a high output alt, or maybe just a good cap? Power Acoustic recommends 3.4 cubic ft. 40 Hz and 2 ports 4" x 8.25" . Ive read that going with a bigger box would be best for moving air and tuning at maybe 30 hz? Help please! Thanks in advance!

MOFO-15

Fs 33.5 Hz

Vas 1.4 Cu. Ft.

Qms 7.17

Qes 0.51

Qts 0.4795

Xmax 0.9

If you want to see my mids highs install pics -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3883271/3

Best video of a single Mofo at work ->

Edited by xstingstreetx87

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

or how about getting a real sub and amp

like a fi ssd 15 or a sundown sa 15 or a dc lv 3 15

and third get a amp that powers clean or at least tru power like a aq 1200 or a ap 1500

Like I said I'm not looking to spend that much money. Arnt aq1200 around $350? The Mofo sub is fine for the $150.00 nothing can beat it at that price. As far as the amp goes they are pretty clean, their power is just over rated, 15V i believe.

Like I said I'm not looking to spend that much money. Arnt aq1200 around $350? The Mofo sub is fine for the $150.00 nothing can beat it at that price. Where can you find Sundown? It seems hard to find?

order directly from sundown and a aq 1200 is like 240 i think and a ap 1500 is 180 and does tru power at 14.4 while that power thingy would have 2 be at like 18 volts to do that but do your self a favor and save and get something good the first time

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

order directly from sundown and a aq 1200 is like 240 i think and a ap 1500 is 180 and does tru power at 14.4 while that power thingy would have 2 be at like 18 volts to do that but do your self a favor and save and get something good the first time

Its defiantly not "for the first time". All my other systems were SQ though all sealed, now first time SPL definitely. Im gonna look into those amps though. So I got quoted $300 for the sax-1200D shipped, anyone know of a place of cheaper price?

I have a 08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS it has the sun and sound package. I put in Kicker ds 650.2 components in so far (front and back)on the stock amp for now. I plan on doing a Power Acoustik Mofo 15" sub in a ported/vented box. Ill need help with the box as i have never built a ported box before, I've only done sealed. I have no idea how to tune ports/vents Im not sure what I would what to tune the box at either? I've always used 3/4" MDF screws about 2-3 inches apart, 100% silicone the box. I'm looking to move the most air, get some slap goin :). I was thinking maybe POWER ACOUSTIK BAMF-5500/1D for $220.00 wire it at 2 ohms 2300 watts. Any suggestions on the amp/box would be great.. Im

RED: Silicone the box? i hope you mean first use wood glue and maybe silicone the edges to make sure it's 100% airtight?

And you don't need to do that much screws, they only hold the wood together till the glue dries, screws don't really hold the box together. ;)

1 screw per 6 inches should be good enough.

BLue: You really don't think the PA amp will do 2300W RMS or close to it?

It does less then 2000w at 1 ohm. ;)

I should atleast recommend a hifinics amp or a other maxxsonics brand amp, because you're budget is quite low. ;)

As a subwoofer i would use a Sundown SA 15 or a Fi SSD 15 (it does costs a bit more but it's a better woofer.)

Or a DC Lvl 3 although i don't know how much they cost. ;)

I don't want to offend u but if u're systems were something close to SQ you should know a lot more.(You probably meant it didn't needed to sound loud but just sound decent. ;))

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

RED: Silicone the box? i hope you mean first use wood glue and maybe silicone the edges to make sure it's 100% airtight?

And you don't need to do that much screws, they only hold the wood together till the glue dries, screws don't really hold the box together. ;)

1 screw per 6 inches should be good enough.

BLue: You really don't think the PA amp will do 2300W RMS or close to it?

It does less then 2000w at 1 ohm. ;)

I should atleast recommend a hifinics amp or a other maxxsonics brand amp, because you're budget is quite low. ;)

As a subwoofer i would use a Sundown SA 15 or a Fi SSD 15 (it does costs a bit more but it's a better woofer.)

Or a DC Lvl 3 although i don't know how much they cost. ;)

I don't want to offend u but if u're systems were something close to SQ you should know a lot more.(You probably meant it didn't needed to sound loud but just sound decent. ;))

THIS THIS THIS

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

Power Acoustik...SPL....in the same sentence?

Banging on a budget sucks but I would just keep saving so I could get some actual quality stuff. I mean...you want loud SPL, moving the most air...then think its possible on a $300 budget. I spent more than that on one sub alone, lol.

I can appreciate budgets, but there comes a point when you have to match your budget with what you're trying to accomplish.

I'd look at two pioneer championships, and AP for an amp. Probably just about your best bet if you want brand new. If you can do used, look on Craigslist

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?