Sonic Electronix

id say get an AP1500 mono! ~$140! then look into sundown SA line subs, or maybe dc LVL3's, IDK. pioneer championship series. you will just be much happier doing it decently correct the first time, or else youll always be looking for something better to satisfy your goals.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

RED: Silicone the box? i hope you mean first use wood glue and maybe silicone the edges to make sure it's 100% airtight?

And you don't need to do that much screws, they only hold the wood together till the glue dries, screws don't really hold the box together. ;)

1 screw per 6 inches should be good enough.

BLue: You really don't think the PA amp will do 2300W RMS or close to it?

It does less then 2000w at 1 ohm. ;)

I should atleast recommend a hifinics amp or a other maxxsonics brand amp, because you're budget is quite low. ;)

As a subwoofer i would use a Sundown SA 15 or a Fi SSD 15 (it does costs a bit more but it's a better woofer.)

Or a DC Lvl 3 although i don't know how much they cost. ;)

I don't want to offend u but if u're systems were something close to SQ you should know a lot more.(You probably meant it didn't needed to sound loud but just sound decent. ;))

pretty much x2 this. oh and that 5500w thing that a few companies use the same board for like 5 models has a fuse rating of like 180. so not it wont even do 2000 rofl. probably more like 1500-1600.

I recommend two pioneer championships with the AP1500, unless you can upgrade the electrical to support the current draw of the AP3000

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

RED: Silicone the box? i hope you mean first use wood glue and maybe silicone the edges to make sure it's 100% airtight?

And you don't need to do that much screws, they only hold the wood together till the glue dries, screws don't really hold the box together. ;)

1 screw per 6 inches should be good enough.

BLue: You really don't think the PA amp will do 2300W RMS or close to it?

It does less then 2000w at 1 ohm. ;)

I should atleast recommend a hifinics amp or a other maxxsonics brand amp, because you're budget is quite low. ;)

As a subwoofer i would use a Sundown SA 15 or a Fi SSD 15 (it does costs a bit more but it's a better woofer.)

Or a DC Lvl 3 although i don't know how much they cost. ;)

I don't want to offend u but if u're systems were something close to SQ you should know a lot more.(You probably meant it didn't needed to sound loud but just sound decent. ;))

The SQ systems I had were lower end cost but for the money sounded VERY clear and clean. (Im not offended) I want to learn more about car audio (I have a lot to learn) I was looking around and it will be a while before i get everything (i have to buy part by part) but i may go with a different sub... I think maybe the sundown SA 15? As for the amp I still need some help maybe.. I can get a sundown sax-1200d for $300.. Would that amp be enough to take this sub all the way? Also would I need a ho alt with this setup, big cap, or better battery (i can get optima for a good price) with big 3?

Edited by xstingstreetx87

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

The SQ systems I had were lower end cost but for the money sounded VERY clear and clean. (Im not offended) I want to learn more about car audio (I have a lot to learn) I was looking around and it will be a while before i get everything (i have to buy part by part) but i may go with a different sub... I think maybe the sundown SA 15? As for the amp I still need some help maybe.. I can get a sundown sax-1200d for $300.. Would that amp be enough to take this sub all the way? Also would I need a ho alt with this setup, big cap, or better battery (i can get optima for a good price) with big 3?

You should do the big3, and a h/o alt, that always helps, yellow tops are ok for something that small I guess, if you ever plan to go bigger or wanna do it now look into XS Powe batteries, but those sundowns do draw some power, had a SAE-1200 on my BTL 18 on stock alt with 1 battery, voltage was all over the place, like everyone else said, you get it all now and do it right the 1st time you'll be good to go,

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

this makes my head hurt.

SQ does not have to be sealed. just because its clean sounding doesnt make it sq. SQ is perception though and unless you are on an rta you dont have to worry about it.

SPL is this B%RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! read the number let the batteries charge up and do it again.

a good reliable daily driver is a combo of both worlds. a nice low tuned box or even a sealed box that plays all types of music with little roll off. match that with a subwoofer or subwoofers and an amp that does the actual RMS rating of your woofers at the correct impedence without clipping. Combined with a solid interior amp for a set or two of components. you can enjoy this on long road trips at high volume levels without fear of blwoing something up.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this makes my head hurt.

SQ does not have to be sealed. just because its clean sounding doesnt make it sq. SQ is perception though and unless you are on an rta you dont have to worry about it.

SPL is this B%RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! read the number let the batteries charge up and do it again.

a good reliable daily driver is a combo of both worlds. a nice low tuned box or even a sealed box that plays all types of music with little roll off. match that with a subwoofer or subwoofers and an amp that does the actual RMS rating of your woofers at the correct impedence without clipping. Combined with a solid interior amp for a set or two of components. you can enjoy this on long road trips at high volume levels without fear of blwoing something up.

It doesn't HAVE to be, but to me SQ Sound Quality -Sound quality can be defined as the degree of accuracy with which a device emits the original sound waves across ALL types of music. A sealed encloser will be the best fit in this situation, my personal opinion.

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

Im looking into a High Output alt from Tom over at Ohio Generator I would need 300amp for my 2400 watts (to have no power fluctuation) so Ill get a call back from him later today to see what the damage is!

I would shoot mechman a PM and see what he will charge you for a h/o alt!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple