Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amp??

polkfan

I'm looking for an other sub amp.

I'm looking at the stetsom 1k5 1ohm..http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Stetsom-V-1K5-H-1-Ohm.html

I've heard it does rated power and be very efficient but what about sound quality??

Also, it very small for the output it had but is it well cooled?

I currently had a Memphis PRD 1000.1 with 2 SSA Dcon 10 and I want to buy 2 others Dcon and a solid 1500W amp but with good sound quality.

I'll like to had opinions of some Stetsom owners please.

Edited by polkfan

i had the 1k6, i liked it but after listening to it for about two weeks i ended up selling and went with the 2k6d. it will do it's rated power, i haven't measeured it but plenty of people from different forums have and they all say they put out the numbers they say they do. as far as music is concerned it handled all the music i played very nicely; and i listen to everything fromsade to atmosphere to slipknot and tool. just set the crossover right and it will perform to your desired taste. i just wanted more power thats the only reason i switched.

Edited by benz280se

Not sure about the 1k6, but I've seen a 7k2 play for 16 hrs in 95+ in direct sun light. Didn't skip a beat...could have cooked steaks while it was playin...lol. still beats today...that's why the next amp I'm buyin is a stetsom 2k5.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Not sure about the 1k6, but I've seen a 7k2 play for 16 hrs in 95+ in direct sun light. Didn't skip a beat...could have cooked steaks while it was playin...lol. still beats today...that's why the next amp I'm buyin is a stetsom 2k5.

are you talkin about derricks teg? his stetsom 7k at slamology was hot as fuck. it was like 95+ outside and the car was in direct sunlight...no shade anywhere, i still have wifebeater tan lines from june lol. but when he opened the hatch of his car it was probably 40 degrees hotter by the rear of the car from the heat of the amp. it didnt miss a beat and he did consistent mid 150s demoing all day. very impressive imo

Edited by willie3719

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

yeah he was talking about mine, him aaron and my self came up from ohio together, he was also there helping build the teg :)

but, try db-r.com for pricing vs SSA, ive seen SSAs pricing be alittle bit higher than theirs

JUST remember this

Frequency Response: (FULL RANGE) 20 Hz to 8 KHz

thats why people fry tinsels with these amps....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

because you can set it to play 1khz or higher, and that will fry tinsels... that IS the reason people who have had issues with these amps are frying tinsels but are 2 stupid to comprehend that shit...

well, 98% of the people that have had that issue anyways

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I would still go for the stetsom at DB-R.com over the sundown at DB-R, price for price the stetsom is cheaper, you just have to make sure your LPF is set low otherwise you will have that issue.. but most of the issues on those amps are from the higher models, 7k2d and higher.. I have never had an issue with my 7k2d

Team DC Audio