Any still buy US vehicles?

12v cummins, now that's a truck!

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

This is always a touchy subject.

ChampN, I dont know why you say the US cars have been looking cheaper, the truth is, the recession actually forced GM and Ford to make better looking, and higher quality cars to keep sales up.

They lived up to it, and the most reliable car, and most popular cars for many years in the 2000's have been Malibus, now the Fusion, Ford trucks as the most reliable, and best quality truck of all time.

My neighbor LOVES imports, yet he has a Acura TL a 05 with a third tranny rebuild, about 25k on each tranny, among other recalls, a Toyota tundra a 06' with recalls, and a few other issues. The tundra is nice for the most part.

My step daughter has a 2000 VW Passat, and she has literally had the car a year and a half, and on average, about every 2 - 3 months, she needs to drop another $400 in maintenance. Last service was a rebuilt tranny for $2300

My Yukon/Denali ( I just got back)I drive that thing hard like a corvette, I cant break it. My only complaint is new tires, and rear shocks

My gf's Dodge Intrepid ES- Fast, drives excellent, interior is garbage, only the door panels, the rest is good. Had to change the speed sensors in the tranny when I down shifted accelerating from 4th to second, basically went from 2000rpm to 5000+rpm, and the sensors didn't like it

The brakes need replacing once a year- my only frustration with this car besides needing a paint job

I really want a Fusion, or the new ford edge SUV, that is pure sexinesss

I really want both cars

edit:

hey Skittles, I worked at NUMMI in 97' I think, that place was soooo massive

long walk from the time clock to my work area, since I was a temp, I couldnt ride the carts to go to a from my job site

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuDRA4zNbw&p=CCA0BA8ACA197761&playnext=1&index=22

This is a repost, but these are american cars, Cadi CTS, CTSV Escalades
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I only buy american. When somebody tells me that there civic will outlast my camaro I tell your ABSOLUTELY right. I'm going to be abusing the hell out of it. I will burn out at every opportunity, swing it when im bored, and race on the daily. Your civic will never be driven as hard as my car. I hate working on toyotas because they are a pain to work with. For example, Tundras have their starter under the intake manifold. To do a tuneup on a v6 camry i need to remove the intake manifold as well. Toyota charges 4 hours for a tune up. Starter replacement quoted at $1200 on the tundra. The tundra is driven by my mom to work and back only and has less tha 90k and already has MAJOR issues. Americans do make great cars still. If you want power you buy american. If you want a 4 cylinder buy nissan. Honda has shitty trannys. My buddy just finished installing his 3rd clutch and replaced the tranny at 60k. You should really look at the new Fords. Im a chevy guy but they are really impressive. As for German cars they are thee worst cars i have EVER worked on. They might have alot of luxury features but even when babied they always have problems. Most of the people who drive these cars take really good care of them because they have $$$. The thing is that for all the effort put in and they still have problems with cracked heads/blocks after overheating only once for less than 5mins at only 125k-150k it's just embarrassing.

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

12v cummins, now that's a truck!

That is not a truck. That is a fast and street legal tank.

l_78fab14aeb39b92302bd48ced7c057d1.jpg

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

I'm liking the newer model Fords. The Taurus is a slick looking car and I would lose my mind with the SHO version. And I'll agree that Ford makes the best pick-ups money can buy, it's just everything else I'm worried about.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

I won't buy an American vehicle other then maybe a tahoe or van strictly for bass purposes.

I have a 1986 325 BMW with 486,000 miles on it. We have done the suspension once, the brakes obviously, the tires a few times, one new windshield otherwise it still burns the tires without a problem and is a great car. I drive it everyday. Probably 1,200 miles a month easily. No problems. German cars ftw!

- GBS

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

my truck's 24 years old and still rollin. 'nuff said

I feel you bro, My Ford is pushing 32 years.

Anything will last, It depends on the owner, Occasionally you might get a lemon, But most manufactures will replace it with a whole new vehicle.

But i only drive Fords. That is just the way i grew up.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Archived