Not legal anywhere. HIDs themselves are illegal without special housings made for them. We just do it anyways.

I got em, but in 55W and from DDM. I read DDM colors lie but theyre not very blue. No one gave me any trouble yet

'08 Nissan Titan Pro-4X CC LWB

1.5 Inch leveling kit

DDM 55w HIDs

Interior LEDs

2 RE10D4s in tech12 ported enclosure, US AMPS 800.2

why are they illegal?

i thought some cars came stock with them?

but i guess it just looked like they did

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

why are they illegal?

i thought some cars came stock with them?

but i guess it just looked like they did

Some newer cars do. But their housings are made for them since the distribute light differently than a halogen bulb.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I think it's along the lines of window tint. If you're not doing something illegal already or looking suspicious they won't bug you about it. But it gives them a reason to if they want. Unless you have them aimed way off and piss everyone off in front of you.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Not legal anywhere. HIDs themselves are illegal without special housings made for them. We just do it anyways.

Absolutely wrong. HIDs are 100% legal in the US. In fact they come stock in most new cars.

FMVSS108 has been passed, in that document it pretty much states that the NHTSA is working on getting all illegal lighting companies shut down. So if the headlights are still sold to the general public and do not say "for off road use only" they can be used in your car on the road.

In almost any state 10000K HIDs are the highest Kalvin rating HIDs that are road legal.

FMVSS108

EDIT: You CAN however get away with any color HIDs you want as long as they are in projectors that came STOCK on your car. My roommate had 12,000, 15,000, and 30,000K HIDs in his projectors for his BMW and got away with it because they are stock projectors. Almost every lighting law will be followed with "unless the vehicle comes factory equipped"

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived