Sonic Electronix

Alternative bass knob cords

The phone cord for my bass knob on my sundown 2000 got shorted out (i'm on my second cord, the same thing happened to my first one) so what itll do is when the bass knob is up, itll work, but if i move the cord slightly, the bass would turn down even though the knob is turned up. Is there a better cord out there i can buy so i dont get this problem over and over again?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

if you know how to terminate cat 5 or other phone wires, you could do this. My hifonics amp is the same as an ethernet cable. The only difference is the order of wires and pins. so i can terminate the perfect sized wire for it.

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

damn, i dont know how to do that lol, i was hopin to find something at radio shack, except i doubt workers there would know what im lookin for

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

google is your friend

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

damn, i dont know how to do that lol, i was hopin to find something at radio shack, except i doubt workers there would know what im lookin for

Will not work. As the other person said, they are not traditional phone cables, or eithernet cables.

The wires are reversed from one end of the plug to the other end.

If you look at your plugs with the spring clip that holds them into the knob/amp facing down you will notice the wire color.

One plug from left to right with the locking tab down goes: Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, White, Black.

The other plug when looking at it the same way goes from : Black, White, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue.

A normal phone cord "would" word if:

1)The cable has 6 wires (most common phone cords only have 2 or 4 wires).

2) You cut the cable in half and stripped the wires then wire the 12 wires like this:

Blue to Black, Yellow to White, Green to Red, Red to Green, White to Yellow, Black to Blue.

Otherwise you can goto Radioshack, Home Depot, ETC and you can buy the cable, ends, and the needed crimper which alone is 20-40 bucks, and make your own cables. But like I said, it needs to be 6 wire cable.

How are you going thru cords? I never heard of the cords shorting out on their own.

Im assuming you dont have your remote knob mounted, so your constantly moving it around??? adding additional wear and tear on it, or have the wire ran thru the car poorly and it is being pinched and or rubbed through?

radio shack has admitted that they only care about selling cellphones and ipods and shit like that anymore

i remember back in the day, they used to have a wall full of everything

now they have a few spools of wires and nothing else

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

How are you going thru cords? I never heard of the cords shorting out on their own.

Im assuming you dont have your remote knob mounted, so your constantly moving it around??? adding additional wear and tear on it, or have the wire ran thru the car poorly and it is being pinched and or rubbed through?

It is ran well, it is wire tied to the rcas/blue rem wire. Yes you are right, i do not have it mounted, i keep it on my knee when i drive. Idk i wish radioshack had something i can use right away.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

just use the knob that goes inline with the RCAs. dont mess around with the phone cord bull shit.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived