car computer!!!!!:):)

I hear a lot of people have sound quality problems. I've thought of ways to fix it, but don't have all the pieces to the puzzle because computers are sensitive machines and the circuitry in an automobiles are so dynamic. I know the perfectly built carpc with the right parts would sound better than any indash radio. If your good with PCs, it shouldn't be hard.

^^^^ exactly why i kinda dont care to hook it up to sound! just because i dont care to run mp3s off of it anyways i have always got better quality out of dvd-r's or cds before. ill be fine with just burning a dvd or cd right there and then putting it in my radio ha

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

you got an OS? you'll need to pop that in after you get the pc set up. only other thing you're missing is ram, unless that came with the motherboard as well.

i got a carputer in my truck...but no screen :( the screen i bought has touch capacitive buttons...i read it as capacitive screen (go me) so now i have a carputer sitting in my dash all set up with no screen lol. gotta buy a new one. so...if anyone wants to buy a new 10" screen get at me :D :D lol

why exactly do you need an rca to vga cable? does either your motherboard or monitor not have vga?

For now I just got one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Omnifi-DMP1-MP3-Dash-Receiver-/190415665544?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item2c55a87988

19892d1127970873-how-wire-12v-omnifi-dmp1-b000931hza.01._sclzzzzzzz_.jpg

It was a Rockford Fosgate product and it came with a 20gig drive in it but I put a 160gig drive in it and used Openfi software. Not quite a Carpc but great sound with 3 volt outputs.

the board has ram already..............and i also have windows vista software

but the monitor is made for a carputer and has a weird ass plug that looks like vga but the prongs on the inside arnt like a vga cables idk why but the guy told me its for a certain one and told me i could buy the actual carputer for like 575 or something and i said no because i wanted to build my own that way it runs faster and has all the good stuff instead of a pre made one thats prolly not as good plus the hard drive on the pre made one was i think 120 or something and i have a 250 gb hard drive,(im upgrading later for something wayyy bigger)

the monitor has that werid ass plug(plug says git on it) and rca

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

the board has ram already..............and i also have windows vista software

but the monitor is made for a carputer and has a weird ass plug that looks like vga but the prongs on the inside arnt like a vga cables idk why but the guy told me its for a certain one and told me i could buy the actual carputer for like 575 or something and i said no because i wanted to build my own that way it runs faster and has all the good stuff instead of a pre made one thats prolly not as good plus the hard drive on the pre made one was i think 120 or something and i have a 250 gb hard drive,(im upgrading later for something wayyy bigger)

the monitor has that werid ass plug(plug says git on it) and rca

Can you post a picture of the Plug?

Does it look like this

DVI-Dmm.jpg

That is what you call a DVI connection

You will need a touchscreen with a DVI input

Archived